Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy about 2000pcs of 223 brass. Brassman's link doesn't work, RVO is gone from what I've heard and a lot of them try to slip in that soft Federal when you start asking questions. Any suggestioins on a source for once fired 223 brass. It's looking like Ebay right now........:(

·
Registered
804 Posts
http://www.brassmanbrass.com/

came right up for me, and the phone # that SRM posted is directly off brassman's page. I've bought from him before with excellent service and results.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Didn't. Was in a hurry so I just copied Brassmans Phone number from his web page, posted it and ran. John is usually in his shop most evenings. Figured if C MIller saw it and made the call, he'd catch him. If not, they have a machine. Just trying to help

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's what I get when I hit his link on the sponsor page

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Guess I'll have to call him. :confused:

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Another place for you......

http://www.southernbellebrass.com/rifle.htm

Southern Belle has been a great place for me, brass has been very clean, packaged neatly & delivered on time. Commericial .223 1X about $40/M as it's shown. Another place I ordered out of, dirty, corroded, that brass should have been scrapped but tumbled OK, but I prefer So. Belle.........l.r.

·
Registered
478 Posts
So. Belle would know that...........

Last batch ordered was all Federal in .223. Last batch of 38 Spec. was all nickel, same headstamp. Very clean to work with, but should tumble anyway as we don't know where that brass has been......l.r.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have reloaded thousands of 223's in the last 3 years, but its all been military brass, so I really don't have any personal experience with Federal brass, one guy on the AR15.com message board sectioned some cases and measured the thickness of the web, he said that Federal 223 brass has a thinner web than military, Remington or Winchester, and a lot of people have commented that their primer pockets tend to stretch much quicker than other brands, again...I haven't really used Federal brass so I can't confirm that information.

I'm getting ready to order some 223 brass, and I'll probably get it from Brassman, the have Remington 223 brass for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The Brassman

I haven't been able to get his site for some time now. It wouldn't work on my desktop now my laptop has the same issue. I'm thinking it has something to do with my firewalls not liking something about his site. But I have his phone number and still do business with John he's a real standup guy.

I've cleaned my temp file etc. This all started happening right after I went over to Comcast. But then they would be doing it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts