Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to order my first complete upper on my first AR build and have a question. If I order a standard front sight base along with a flat top reciever can I mount a scope without any issues created by that front sight? I plan on then mounting a folding rear sight for when and if the SHTF, but mostly use the scope for walk-about hunting. If hope this question is clear...thanks!

P.S.
Why is it that most of my questions are ignored on this board but quickly and politely responded to over at Calguns? No offense intended...

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Get a removable or folding front sight. You will be able to see it, especially at lower magnifications, and that may bother you or upset you aiming line/scope view.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Depending on the power of your scope, the heigth of your mounts and the distance you are shooting, you will basically look through the FSB. You may see it as a blurry shadow, but it will in no way effect your ability to use it.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I have both and haven't felt the fixed base is really an issue. With good glass you learn to ignore whatever small anomoly there is pretty easily. Although, if you don't have one already there are a ton of fold up Back Up Iron Sights out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts