Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Tucker went (late) this morning and I got 2 and got 1.
He went back this evening and got 3. Should be enough for a mess
with gravy and biscuits. Still think it the best smell frying as a man can
smell. We usually don't hunt'em this early but he wanted to go and I ain't
passing up a hunt with him when I can go.

Underdog

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
You're right about not passing up that opportunity Donnie. Life can move'em away for a job, wife or ??? Enjoy the time available. :) Glad you got enough to fill the BIG skillit.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Never pass up a chance to go hunting with the younguns. One day we will not be able too, When JR was here the little redhead wanted to go shoot one afternoon when she got off the bus, Yup,,,we took her out back and let her burn some powder, She had fun..but probably not as much as we did watching her.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Donnie, mine are big enough to hunt on their on now... kinda sad and kinda happy I ain't the pack mule anymore! They grow up fast and I am proud of mine and what they are able to do. I often see them doing things and wonder how the heck to they know what they know. My wife reminds me of how much time I spent with them and how they always paid attention to what/how I was doing things. Kinda of sad this year because they are able to hunt by themselves. To my surprise they both ask if I was going to bow hunt with them. They still want me to tag along which to me is great!
Spend every chance you can with them, I am learning that now that they are older.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Glad to hear y’all got out today Donnie. I’m out of town right now but my oldest (30 years old), texted me to tell me he missed one today. I thought I taught him better than that. ! It’s Ok to miss…..just don’t tell anyone about it.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
There are almost No Squirrels around my place due to lear year being a "No Mast" year. I fed them corn until I ran out and the Koons found it anyway. Going to get ear corn from my neighbor very soon and maybe a couple will show up. They get friendly, and since they don't bother my Cats, I leave them alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts