Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New varmint hunter...About to purchase a Weaver V-24 6-24x 42mm scope. Good or bad choice? Thanks for yalls help.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I really like them....

I have 4 or 5, and will probably own more. Optics are good, clicks are repeatable, and the scopes themselves have been reliable. Some guys think the image quality goes downhill above 20x, but I haven't had that problem. There are better/more expensive scopes out there, such as the Burris Grand Slam (already mentioned), Bushnell 4200 series, and Burris Signature, and I've tried them and liked them, but you don't need to spend that much to get a good, reliable scope. The V24 is where the price and performance curves intersect, at least for my needs and budget.

You can usually find good used ones for $225-240, either in the GGVG classifieds or on Ebay. HTH.

Sid

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Weaver V 24

The Weaver Grand Slam or the Bushell 4200 are much better scopes.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Weaver

I only had one V24 but that one was fuzzy over 20 power. I have 8 of the Weaver V16's they are at least clear all the way to 16 power. Like some of the others have mentioned the Bushnell 4200 or the 3200's are really good scopes for the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts