Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Savage/Stevens model200 chambered in a 22-250.... its a standard barrel gun ... does anyone else have any experience with this gun or have any info on it.... i normally hunt with a Remington700, but i wanted something lighter to pack in the field... any feedback will be appreciated....

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
you'll be happy with it

basically it's the same gun that Savage put out a few years ago with their name on it. It's a plain jane gun, but a heck of a deal. Great platform to build off of in the future if you want to switch barrels. The main difference between the new Savage and the Stevens is the Accutrigger, which I don't really care for anyway. For about $70 you can put in a Rifle Basix trigger and have a heck of a good rig.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Dont know where to start

Can you be a little more specific with your question?
Basicly the Stevens is just the old Savage with a round reciever and no accutrigger.Just picked up one in 223 that shoots less than MOA with reloads from other guns.The trigger was not too bad on it but did liten it a tad to a very safe 3#,still a little heavy but its a carry gun and not a bench unit!The stock is a little flimsy and will not work worth a darn with a bipod in its current form but its gona get better after a little fixing!
A Stevens/Savage is the smallblock Chevy of the gun world.There is almost an endless list of upgrades and you can do most of them yourself.
Lot more fun to tinker with than my old Rugers:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.