Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
He put new barrels on two actions for us last week. A 7 SAUM on one action and a 6 Creed 8 twist on a Begara action. Son said the 7 SAUM is a keeper. We haven't shot the 6 Creed yet. Anything Mike builds is going to be a shooter.

Reactions: george in KY

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly he has done 3 or 4 for me including my first 6ppc on a ram pro action back in 2004 i want to say?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm waiting on a Krieger barrel myself. They told me 4 to 5 months so I should be getting close. Getting excited!

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm waiting on a Krieger barrel myself. They told me 4 to 5 months so I should be getting close. Getting excited!
They had one in stock that i wanted

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a great choice. What bullets do you want to choose?
Got an 8 twist..i have 500 shinny new nosler 108s i i know the 8t will shoot 70s just fine too :)

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Keith Candler has had several 6 Rem AS, well smithed, usually Hart bbls, etc "back in the day". He said even w more powder capacity than the .243 AI, he and Dave Loren (sp?) wore out several.....always getting more life from the 6 Rem.....longer neck = Turbulence Point theory equaling longer bbl life...???

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keith Candler has had several 6 Rem AS, well smithed, usually Hart bbls, etc "back in the day". He said even w more powder capacity than the .243 AI, he and Dave Loren (sp?) wore out several.....always getting more life from the 6 Rem.....longer neck = Turbulence Point theory equaling longer bbl life...???
I 100% believe in the long neck helping accuracy.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
The 6mm Rem has always been my favorite, I am on my fourth barrel on my favorite rifle in this caliber. I use to shoot it a lot more than I do now. Yes I believe it to be a better caliber than the 243 although I like it also.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I have had 2 of them, both shooters. I built 2 over the last 19 years on Savage actions that I had trued up for fellers, both shot fantastic, one was a benchmark barrel, one was a Krieger. I currently have 2 Kreigers, one in 6xc and one in 6.5x55 Swede, both shoot much better than I can.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I must have missed the referrence to "relative to body size".

Let me re-state my reply. NO, I don't think neck length has a substantial relationship to accuracy. 300 Win. Mag. as an example. Still holds the NRA 1000 Yd. Highpower record, and has since 2006. (Very short neck relative to body size)

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I must have missed the referrence to "relative to body size".

Let me re-state my reply. NO, I don't think neck length has a substantial relationship to accuracy. 300 Win. Mag. as an example. Still holds the NRA 1000 Yd. Highpower record, and has since 2006. (Very short neck relative to body size)
Im a 300 win mag fan ! I won't argue your point....but what if that 300 had a longer neck 😁

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
joebiden musta sent you another bag of money.
What you gonna shoot with that long range barrel?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts