Varmint Hunters Forum banner

OT Allison tranny question

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Snake River Marksman 
#1 ·
My tranny leaked a very little bit of fluid. Here is the scenario:
-26° outside. The block heater was on. Started the truck no problem. Went to shift to drive and it was stiff. Rolled truck out of barn 20ft. Went inside and came back out 10min later. Small puddle of tranny fluid noticed under truck. I looked and could see it dripping down off of the shifter on the left side of the tranny but it was too dark to see exactly where it was coming from. (looking in the daylight showed that it came from above the shifter but I still couldn't see exactly where from) Rolled the truck back into the barn. It was stiff going into reverse as well. If it matters, the truck was in 4wd hi at the time.

My Cavalier was shifting stiff as well due to the leather boot around the stick being stiff.

I didn't have time to deal with the truck till yesterday, it has just been sitting. Yesterday, I fired it up and it shifted easily, (I did wait 10min before shifting and it was +20° outside) I checked, and no leakage, I rolled the truck out, no leakage, I drove it a mile down the road, no apparent leakage. I drove it 30miles to a dealer, no apparent leakage. Anyone have any idea what happened? The dealer is going to look at it today but I thought I'd put it out here for opinions.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.