Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OT Anyone here work for a Walmart Dist. Center?

I am interviewing for a managerial position at a Distribution Center and would like to know the pro's & con's of the "Walmart Corporation". TIA Sam

·
Registered
169 Posts
A friend in Calif does

She started out as a clerk and worked her way up. She is a manager of some dept or other and likes it there. For her quals she could make more money elsewhere doing the same thing but she doesn`t have the self esteem to go do it. They treat her ok otherwise. She says the biggest problem is that most of the employees are sloths and don`t care about diddly except the paycheck, but I sometimes think that goes for a lot of Americans. She`s not a "Mover and Shaker" so she`s ok there.

The store employees are treated like dirt. No, actually dirt is treated better.

Walmart-- ALWAYS the lowest wages.....

Hope that helps some. Get on www.craigslist.com and ask about walmart. you`ll get an earful.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well for What it's Worth...

They are opening a very large Grocery DC here in Cheyenne. Starting wage is $13 per hr ,w/ Bennies . Don't know what that means. Lots of people leaving City employment for the higher wages at Walmart. People I see working here at the new Super store seem to be carrying there load. Some times some of these Web-sites that Bad Mouth things just have an ax to grind also. The Lowes store here in Cheyenne , is the Pits, last place I shop. No offense Bear. Just My 2¢. Russ.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It could be more of a CA thing with the Wal-Mart situation. I've yet to walk in one that isn't a dump filled with people who don't speak English and that includes the new stores. I'd expect that there is a difference in other states and those are the differences between what Bear and Russ in WY describe.

At the management level things could be very different than what the floor people experience. Also, the fact that you'd be at a DC versus an actual store would lead me to believe that there are differences worth noting.

Good luck with your interview!

Steve

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. The distribution center is a grocery distributor handling 7 states that has a dry side as well as a cold side. I notice that there is definitely a variety of people doing the order pulling. The Center is 4 years old and is only 15 minutes from my home. I'll see what they offer and go from there. Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
169 Posts
Russ!! I`m Offended!

HAHAHAH!
You ain`t got an offensive bone in yer body. Hehe, I am saddened by the fact that your county pays less than Walmart for cryin out loud! Dang! The county folks here are paid too much for too little work, `cept maybe the road department workers (WORKERS, not desk jockeys).

Maybe like Steve said, the Californicater store is probably infested with a different sort that what live in Wyoming.

Our Walmart is probably a cross between Ca and WYO stores in terms of quality people. I cannot bring myself to go in there unless it`s just not available elsewhere. I call it Chinamart or "Germ Central"

·
Registered
18 Posts
In this society if an employee is unhappy with the pay/benefits/treatment he is always free to quit and go work for someone else at his choice.

If he is truly worth more than what Walmart is offering him, why is he still hanging around and griping?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.