Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it'll shoot as good as it looks:cool: !

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's what I like.................

An optimistic opinion ! LOL :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
I think it will shoot as good as it looks, but then again I don't think looks too hot.
I always wondered why they could make an M1a that could shoot MOA or better but Ruger never made an effort to really accurize a Mini. Shame really, it has potential, just looks and shoots like crap.
Ken

·
Registered
726 Posts
Anyone who buys this Ruger is not using logic

For the same amout of money, they could buy a Rock River Arms AR-15 that GUARANTEES 1 MOA, and often delivers 2/3 MOA

This Ruger has no guarantee. I doubt it will gain many fans.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lance I think you are 100% correct and would be willing to bet Mini sales are in a slump and they needed some markting gimmik to move them. I had a Chief AJ scout conversion done to the one I had and believe it or not he made the thing shoot MOA, but remove the scout scope and put a regular optic and it turnd into a pattern master. In the end it still went down the road and I didn't even feel bad when it left.;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well, I guess they could sell in California

Guns laws are so crazy there, with AK and AR-15 type guns banned from new sales, or even transfers.

Yet they allow the Mini-14 to be legal. Go figure. So Californians might give it a niche market.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
516 Posts
My brother

got one for Christmas about 30 years ago and when ever I need to be humbled, I go get in try something new to make it shoot. It would be my considered opinion that they are barely accurate enough to commit suicide with. I don't see how cosmetics on the new one will make it any better.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Ya gotta remember there are always new people coming into the sport and Ruger just hopes to hook the next generation, they will learn though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
How many of you remember the cataloged but

never produced Ruger XGI??? a mag fed semi auto .308....
Somehwere i have some literature on that,including a letter from (the late) Tom Ruger.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Everyone, unfortunately, doesn't care for ARs. I don't because I have been shooting regular style stocks for so many decades that I just can't seem to make the transition to the AR stock design and related ergonomics. Even my short stint in the Army decades ago didn't help. Also, in my rural area, the mini-14 doesn't cause a second thought among local farmers. - the ARs do.

The mini is an alternative in those situations. I got rid of my old one because it wasn't accurate enough (even though several dead coyotes didn't notice its lack of accuracy}. Now I have a new 580 series and find it much more accurate than my old one. It is NOT as accurate as an AR, by any means, but it is now my number one truck gun. When I need something more accurate, I take a bolt action .223.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Someone used to say "That's why there will always be horse races, because there will always be differences of opinion".

As for me, I like to shoot the Mini-14 (I have two). Shooting is supposed to be fun and I have a "Blast" shooting just about anything (17 HMR to 458 Win). And just about anybody with any gun can outshoot me.

Merry Christmas to All.

Rem222Mag

·
Registered
37 Posts
A few months ago a marketing rep from Ruger showed me the new Mini 14 Target and asked me what I thought(he knew I was from California). I told him its a great looking rifle, but its too bad you can't sell them in California, due to the thumbhole stock, its considered an assault weapon.The "Oh S**t" look on his face was priceless! He said he would look into a version with the regular stock on it for California.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts