Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am referring to timing chain/belt/whatever they use. Need to get something relatively cheap and economical (yeah, I know, stand in line) but they seem to have not escalated in prices like the Toys and Hondas but still have good track records. Anything to be aware of in the mid 90's? Ad says its a '95 Subaru Wagon L - I think he may be leaving out one of the model names..........? Thanks guys, son finally has a job and the transportation crunch is here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
100k Maintenance

It's probably the 'Legacy' he's leaving out. IIRC, 95 should have had the belt done earlier, at 60k. At 30/60/90/120 etc it gets the full treatment: Coolant and trans flushes, sparkle plugs, air filter, PCV valve, rear brake clean/adjust, etc. Depending on labor rates it's ~ $400-450. Timing belt (again, IIRC) is two belts; at 100k plan on replacing cam seals, crank seal, water pump, and oil pump o-ring and gasket. Prob'ly around $500?
I'm going to put in a plug for the local Subaru dealer- they are used to working on them, know what to look for, and have a warranty that can't be beat. Plus, have them check for recalls. None come to mind at the moment, but you never know.
Make sure you work with the same service advisor evry time you go. It pays off in the long run.

6mmRemington

1 - 2 of 2 Posts