Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been scouring the net for wheel and winter tire packages. So far Tire Rack has the best offer. It is not the cheapest but having everything done at once and delivered to a local dealer for installation.
I bought the Mrs. a new Escape and at the rate she drives (about 3000 miles a year) the package makes sense for convenience and winter safety. 4 blizzaks on alloy rims for just under $1000. The dealer wants more than that for the rims.

Has anyone used Tire Rack? How was the experience.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Tire Rack

I have never used Tire Rack but a good friend buys very wide, very low profile tires for his Porsche 911 from them. He's a long time car guy and racer and speaks highly of TR.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i have dealt with them and did not have an issue, when i had acces to equipment to mount and balance the tires myself it was a much better deal, now i am oaying for mount and bakance anyway so i have not had much truoble matching their prices loccally if you figure shipping cost. tirebuyer.com is a site that i have used also.
i just bought 4 tires and rims mounted and shipped for a enclosed snowmobile trailer and after searching to the ends of the internet the best deal i found was on amazon. nobody local was even remotely close prive wise

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A considerable cost factor are the tire pressure sensors. The will mount and balance for free and they charge considerably less than the locals for installing the sensors.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I run the blizzacks on my 03 jeep liberty and they are great in snow. Just ordered tires from T.R. and they arrived the next day, UPS ground. I am within the next day delivery distance from a warehouse. Very happy.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Tire Rack? I've never bought a pkg but did drive

S. of Savannah 2x to pick up new sets. I was w/i 20 miles from job at Mitsubishi so paid myself handsomely to drive an extra 40 miles. Never any problems but not really too much chance of having probs on a "will call".

I use the Goodyear, lifetime balance option. I've found their mount and balance price was competitive, at least where I lived and stores scattered nation wide offering a greater coverage in case anything needs to be done on a trip (tossed wheel wgt ferinstance).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts