Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned my Orange Tomcat Otis a few times on this forum. He has been "Kinda" my Cat for 7 years in the Wild and I don't know how he has made it.
Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers

He adopted a small black female kitten a year or so ago, and they have 4 youngins now.
For the past couple weeks, He has been hanging out in the edge of the field near this old shack.
Plant Property Ecoregion Tree Natural landscape

I killed a Coyote right "There" a couple weeks ago but he persists on messing around the area.
Carnivore Dog breed Plant Grass Fawn

Yesterday I rounded the corner and immediately looked left to look for Coyotes.
There is Otis. Standing right next to a "Brown Animal".... I think Coyote and just turned and swung my Rifle out the window.
Crosshairs settle on the "Coyote" just standing there still close. Finger on the trigger squeezing...an eyeblink from Firing....Then I see the big Cat Head staring back at me. It's a Full Grown Bobcat.....large one for Kentucky.
Otis is just looking at me....embarrassed?

I figure it must have been a full grown Female and Otis was trying to "Get her in the Mood."
It just slinks off into the undergrowth and Otis trots to his house up the hill for a piece of Bologna. No Photo...had the Rifle instead of the camera....
Have any you smart people heard of this before?? I would have thought Otis might have been in serious trouble.
But you have to admit, he would make some Pretty Bobcat kittens.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
He’s probably been taking lessons from ole JR. Ole Otis probably thought it was just a “beefy” messican.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sure hope Otis survives this new friendship!!!
Ya Know, I do too. This old Cat was living in the Woods and a Barn with a loft when I took this old farm Back out of Lease 7 years ago. Took me about 2 years to tame him and he must have used up 8 of his 9 lives by now. I have Killed 64 Coyotes in the past 3 years within 1 mile of what I call: "Otis's House." When I got over here to haul hay this morning he was soaking wet where he was "Out." now, he's asleep in my Lap with a heater on.
Have a safe day Dean.

Cat Window Carnivore Felidae Small to medium-sized cats

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Oh those that are hunted who become the hunters - err - huntresses.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts