Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a SHOT magazine today. Shows the 'nice' version of the H&R with walnut stock and checkering [Buffalo Special?]only with a shorter barrel and in .45 Long Colt. Looked neat in the pictures.
Alan in GA

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've got a Winchester 94 Trapper in 45 LC. It's a blast to shoot and there's very little recoil. The H&R would be an inexpensive way to get a rifle in this caliber and it would most likely be as much fun as the 94. MI VHNTR

·
Registered
321 Posts
H&R has had barrels in .357Mag, 44Mag and 500 S&W for the Handi-Rifle. A 45Colt seems logical.

I have a 500 S&W barrel on order to switch out with my 223.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had one called a NEF suvivor

It was a 45lc and and 410 if you installed the a choke. It had a rifeled barrel and it was the reason that I got into reloading. I reloaded and tried everything and could never make it accurate. I did kill a few animals with it and it worked well. But if it has the 410 option I would pass it up if you want to shoot past 25 yards. The shotgun is good to about 20 yards.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Allan, as you already know, the only way to add muzzle energy to subsonic ammo is to increase bullet weight. I think they may have created the perfect suppressor host for serious vermin control. Any info on twist rates? I have a .45LC Ruger Bisley but have never paid attention to availability of reloading components, I shoot factory ammo.
________
glass pipes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts