Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in a tizzy about some people at gun shows. I display custom knives and shooting stuff at the local area g/s. I have signs (I think they are defective I need to return them to the printer) that state Please ask before handling. That doesn't stop a lot of people and even dealers from picking them up and opening the and "Testing the blade with there finger I explain thats not the correct way boy do they take offence . I have knives valued at 200-1000 dollars and if a person drops them I'm out the bucks and they walk away. When I state to them or thier kids they take offence to put it down and at times I must raise my tone very sternly and get real nasty. I would rather not use display cases I belive most people are ok but the jerks are going to make me do it. What do most of you think case it or hope people get smarter??? Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
You gotta go with the display cases......

had the same situation as you ( but with a different custom item ) and had the same problems. I had some very nice display cases made and it solved the problem ( although I did have to put a little latch on the back, as some people still tried to just open the case and pick up what they wanted ). Go with the cases.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
A less expensive way...

I've seen is to cover your wares with a netting to keep them from picking them up till you hand it to them upon request. but that detracts form the aesthetic/visual aspect of your display too.

Holedigger

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shows

I have some of my items in cases and others not. Same situation, I don't want to be looked at as unfriendly but am tired of DA's with no clue as to the value of some of the items.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts