Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in a tizzy about some people at gun shows. I display custom knives and shooting stuff at the local area g/s. I have signs (I think they are defective I need to return them to the printer) that state Please ask before handling. That doesn't stop a lot of people and even dealers from picking them up and opening the and "Testing the blade with there finger I explain thats not the correct way boy do they take offence . I have knives valued at 200-1000 dollars and if a person drops them I'm out the bucks and they walk away. When I state to them or thier kids they take offence to put it down and at times I must raise my tone very sternly and get real nasty. I would rather not use display cases I belive most people are ok but the jerks are going to make me do it. What do most of you think case it or hope people get smarter??? Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I understand what you are talking about. A friend of mine used to sell at the local gun shows, had used handguns, custom concealment holsters, law enforcement items, etc. He also had lots of people handling items he wanted them to ask before they handle. What he ended up doing is placing some of the bird netting over the table and stapled it down with just the backside of the table free for him to pick out the items and hand them to the buyers. Not sure if something like that would work for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My knives, handguns and other small, but costly items now reside in a display case. It became too much of a hassle to continue educating the masses! Especially here in Illinois since you are required to show your FOID card to even handle firearms and ammo. :eek: Expecting courtesy and common sense from some people seems to be a foolish concept!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My thoughts

I think I would case it if I were you, not only will that stop the fingering it will stop any sticky fingers. Anytime I set up a show I use cases for my small items, that way I'm in control. One sticky fingered customer will ruin your weekend show.
Joe

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
people at gun shows

By far most people are good but you will need a case to stop the others. Those type of people have no repect for anyone and no intention of buying the items they are handling either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts