Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good to see the change is about finished. Thanks Mike & John for all you have done and continue to do.
10MMGary, formally Gman on the old board

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm testing to see if this reply bumps your post to the top of the list. If it does, I won't like the new format at all. I hate the kind of forums where long dead posts get resurrected to the top of the list by a recent reply. Plus, I like seeing who posted replies at a glance in the old format. This seems to make that difficult. Not trying to be an ingrate though.

Chris

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm testing to see if this reply bumps your post to the top of the list. If it does, I won't like the new format at all. I hate the kind of forums where long dead posts get resurrected to the top of the list by a recent reply. Plus, I like seeing who posted replies at a glance in the old format. This seems to make that difficult. Not trying to be an ingrate though.

Chris
Chris, I agree with you. It was nice on the old board to see who replied to the different threads, especially if you have friends you like to check on and chat with. I think this format will make it feel less like family that it was for the past 10yrs. Oh well, I guess that is what they call progress!

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Check out the Display Modes

If you choose the "Theaded Mode" when signed in, the old GGVG format of responders appears above the post you're looking at in a boxed area. It looks just like the old GGVG format in most respects.

-BCB

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If you choose the "Theaded Mode" when signed in, the old GGVG format of responders appears above the post you're looking at in a boxed area. It looks just like the old GGVG format in most respects.

-BCB
Wow, sounds great..... I will look for the "Threaded Mode"

·
Registered
351 Posts
The threaded mode seems to work pretty well, although you still have to click on the post at the main page to see the threads. Do you know if there is a way to save the sort option, "sort by post start date/time", at the bottom of the main page?

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts