Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Santa has sent a late present... A Encore 25-06 Heavy Barrel.

Was wondering if any of you folks have any "Pet Loads" that yours has taken a like'n to?

Primay use will be for South Carolina Whitetails... They are not that big down here, but plenty of them. :)

Scanning the manuals, looks like H4831 and RL22 is a good starting point with 117 grain bullets.

Anyone have any ideas to share?

·
Registered
826 Posts
SX Skeet, I just worked up a load for my 25/06...

here are the loads, Winchester cases were used in all loads:

52.5g of IMR 4350, 9 1/2, 100g Ballistic Tip
57.0g of R#19, Fed 210 primer, 100g BT-bullet jumping .060
56.5g of AA 3100, Win Large Rifle, bullet jumping .060

56.0g of IMR 4350, Fed 210, 87g Speer Spt, bullet jumping .045
59.0g of IMR 4831, Fed 210, 87g Speer Spt, " " "

I have seen two brothers shoot the 85g Combinec Tec bullet on deer here in SC with amazing success. The 85g Combinec Tec bullet is a really tough bullet that is a deer bullet no doubt, it always exits except on extreme quartering shots.

I'm in Laurens SC and good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hot encore 25-06 load

I have an encore heavy barrel that I have been able to acheive less than dime size at a 100 tds consentantly. It is a follows, 100gr. Nosler balistic tips fed 215 primer 53.0 gr. of varget eache hand weighed and light crimp. all cases were rem. trimed flash hole uniformed and deburred.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
What primers are you guys using in those loads?

Also, I have never heard of a Combinec Tec bullet, or combined tec or combined tech... internet searches show only this thread... got any WWW or anything?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Combined Technology

Oh that!!!

I knew that... :rolleyes:

Actually on deer sized game I have not had great success with that bullet. I have had much more consistent results with other bullets like the Partition and pre CT ballistic tips. While all the deer hit went down, they ran quite a lot longer than with the previous bullets. And no I cannot say it was shot placement. This was with tens of years with the earlier bullets and 3 full seasons with the CTBT's and our very generous 5 deer per year limit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts