Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really enjoy this forum and all the great information from some really great people, who enjoy the "Smell of Burnt Gunpowder"!!!........
I took this nice female this afternoon, w/ just the slightest tinge of mange, w/ a Sako A1 HB 222 w/ Berger 52gr MV at close to 350yds. Heck, even I get lucky every once in a while......I did laser it, so no "Bravado" here..... just posting to share.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/sandhiller78/IMG_0322.jpg?t=1168733885
sandhiller78;)

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Great job shooting great looking gun and nice looking coyote. So what did the yote do when it was hit at 350 yards with the 222, the end result is obvious.:D Also thought I would see if you know what type of birds these are:) . I sat on this water hole for three hours and all I got was to watch these fly in in pairs one right after another and eat, It looked like the UPS air hub at the Louisville airport . Sadly though no coyotes on this day:( .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really is a sweet rifle and has the finest trigger I have ever had the pleasure to work w., thanks for that, go out to Bill at Bills Accuracy.
She went down, but needed a finisher, I hit her low and a little too far forward, through leg and chest, very little hide damage.
I wouldn't have a clue as to what kind of birds those are, don't think they
ever venture this far north, but I bet they taste like chicken!!!...........
Honestly, if I had realized at the shot, she was that far, I prolly would have passed, but she stood there giving me a broadside, held right at top of shoulder, and like I said earlier, I was mostly lucky. Prior to her, I basicly euthenized one w/ mange, although it wasn't making him all that crazy, cuz, I'm pretty sure he had some of the Missis' chickens and duckys, so I'm in for extra "Brownie Points"!!!......................................Before these last two, I was 0for3...................................So it's nice to get back on the board.
You all have a great Sunday.................
sandhiller78

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.