Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Pics of "Big Orange Drop"please show me yours

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Mortis 
#1 · (Edited)
Well alright then=please post pics of your varmint rigs and target rifles as they are eye candy for me==
This is my latest luv:named and christened:
"Big Orange Drop"
specs:
-Viper Drop port action=(the Drop)
-30BR to shoot varmint for Score
-painted with Orange tear Drops( for Tenn Big Orange crying fans)
-Kosty ss barrel 17 twist
-planned and put together by George KY and Jackie S. (world champ
varmint for score)Buck Creek KY
-Speedy Gonzales stock painted by Mad Lee of Cookeville TN
-jewell trigger 1 oz
-NF BR 12- 42 x56mm NP-2DD reticle
hope you all like it
over and out Doc

See less See more
#4 ·
Well I just happened up on this thing at noon .......Doc you've outdone yourself with this one. Really nice but needs some UK Blue; George in KY I can't believe you had anything to do with this; say it ain't so.

#8 ·
Hey Tim, long time since=

I've heard from ya..The varmint for score is a disipline of the IBS shot at 100-200 -300 yds at bulleye targets of varing sizes.. Very much fun. Post a couple of pics of your guns, We'll luv to see em.. especially the BAT switch barrel, I luv that black-red swirley.. I'll be in touch and thanks,
Doc :)

#9 ·
Really neat paint job,I like the bubbles,One of these days Ill have me one of those. Mine would be in maroon with gold bubbles.( FSU ) of course being a Vols fan you already new that, may have to come watch you shoot that thing at the BBB.
Mike F.

#11 ·
Nice Wiffle Doc.....

But the Orange is the wrong shade... too bright. And it needs Black Lettering with a Cowboy Hat on it.:D

I asked the wife what she thought about me painting my new Boyds stock and the look she gave me froze my freshly, poured cup of coffee.;)

If yours shoots as well as it looks, then everyone can just be jealous of it. Now, were did I put that 30 caliber pencil?

#14 ·
Wow=super Rigs Guys

Good lord above= that Viper drop and the Bat are just tooooo nice
Tim=strange but I've gota 6BR w/ 13 twist that also dotes on 80 Flowers also=sad note but Jef Folwer passed away yesterday but his son Ed is planning on continuing making Fowler bullets as they are the best I have ever shot..
Doc

#15 ·
Jef Fowler

I didn`t know about that, that is sad.
You want to get some light 6mm pills that shoot great, try some of Gentners 65 grain boattails. Prarie dogs look out. My 12" twist shot those first 5 out of the brand new barrel with a shoot and clean in the low 1`s. I had to call Mr. Gentner about that. Those were from his new dies and needless to say he was proud. I ordered an additional 1000.

#19 ·
And the process starts....

Wife picked out a nice Mahogany stain for the Boyd's stock. Here is a couple pics of it after staining. I'll wait to do the final coating after the barrel and action is bedded.

Amazing how staining it brought out some tiny marks and scratches otherwise not seen. Anyhoo, just means more work which keeps me out of the poolhalls.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.