Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a few boxes of PMC brass in .223 and .308. How is the quality/durability of this brass compared to other manufacturers. I plan on using it for both bolt action rifles and some of the .223 brass may end up being used in an AR-15. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
826 Posts
PMC Brass.........

that is marked "PMC" is made in Korea and is tough as nails, you are really lucky to have it.

I have PMC in 223, 22/250,243,30/06, 7 mag, and 257 Weatherby. It seems to have a much tougher alloy in the brass.

Brass man has 222 brass and it would be a great buy for someone with a 222 because I'm sure that you would never wear out the brass.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Don is right......

there have been a couple of times that the quality slipped, but it is rare. I think that all manufactures have troubles with an idiot employee that goes out and smokes a joint on his break, then comes back in the plant to make 100,000 pieces of junk.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's real good strong brass and I'd use it whenever possible. I have it in 22-250AI, 6-250, .243, and .257Wby. A lot of the 22-250AI is from 17-18yrs ago and has shot a bunch of hot loads without losing even one primer pocket. Their .257Wby brass is about the strongest, best stuff you could want.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Brassman website down ?

Having trouble accessing his site. Anyone else? I also tried their sponsor link above.

After reading this thread, I may want some PMC brass for my 222, for some hotter 50 gr. loads.

thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
PMC brass

The stuff that I have weighs in 10 grains (yes ten) heavier than any other brass I have at an average of 190 grains/case. Federal, Remington, Lapua, and Norma all weigh in around 167-175 grains. This stuff (PMC) is also 30 years old....

It's appears to be good brass but the case capacity is going to be a lot less and your pressures higher so watch your loads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought 100 pieces 10yr ago in 300 Win Mag and they have been fired 4 times and are ready to be loaded again. I have been pleased with them so far, but I have no experience with their small caliber brass.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks Oleman, I gave the email addy a try.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts