Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
The PMC 22-250 brass I used for a 6/22-250 was some of the best 22-250 brass I have ever used. I wish it was still in production. By the time I found out they had gone out of buisness it seemed all of the 22-250 brass for sale disappeared.

Rodney

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys

that's what I was going to load for 222rem. bad news for one of my buddies though he was wanting to try it for his 22/250. my mom used PMC in her 30/30 [factory ammo] it seemed to do OK. she has since started using a .243

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hummm........

I can't deny the 2 posters ahead of me that were happy with PMC brass, they're 2 very experienced craftsmen, but the stuff that I had was horrible. Flash holes off center and inconsistent dimmensions overall like neck thickness and primer pocket diameter and depth.
Though, this was possibly 10 years ago and a lot of changes could have been made since then. Once I got that bad batch I never bought any more so I wouldn't want to be the final word on PMC quality.
I've gotten hooked on Winchester and that's all I've bought for years now. Using the RCBS Case Master Gauging Tool Winchester is about as consistent and uniform as you can get in run of the mill stuff. I'll bet you would not be dissappointed with Winchester too.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It'll stand up to hot loads and is good brass. I have a whole bunch of it and have been shooting it for years in a couple 22-250AI's and a 6-250, and these guns shoot very small groups. With a .257Wby, PMC brass will really let that one come alive. Unfired PMC cases haven't been available for several years and are hard to come by. If you get a chance to buy some, do it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I shoot it in .......

22/250,243,270, 30/06 & 7 Mag and 257 Weatherby. PMC brass is really tough stuff.

There was a batch of some 22/250 10+ years ago that had off center primer holes, they pulled the whole batch, sold it to Thunderbird Cartridge Co, who sold the brass.

Problem now is that you have either got it, or you don't, cause there is no more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.