Varmint Hunters Forum banner

What's your favorite varmint?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you choose "Other", please post a response and tell us your favorite. Thanks!

Sid

·
Registered
516 Posts
Coyote

Only because I have to drive for several hours to shoot prarie dogs.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Almost clicked "other" but......

Bobcats are special, but the coyote is the primary varmint target anymore for me, so to be honest, have to classify him as my favorite :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I didn't see.....

Liberal Democrats on the list, therefore skunks would have moved to second choice, but then they weren't on there either...so I just chose coyotes....LOL...HAR HAR HAR.....

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
To me the most enjoyable and relaxing varmint to hunt is the praire dog. But shooting a coyote leaves me with better feeling of having done something good. And I guess I favor the praire dog because I can hunt coyotes anytime, praire dogs only on special occaisions due to the distance involved.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like ground squirrels, they are local for me, present a smaller more challenging target, and they have a better splat factor when you hit them.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Prairie Dogs.............

Just because of the sheer number of targets.

ThJudg (Roger)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The one in the crosshairs,I aint that fussy.Airtime is cool though!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
coyote all the way

I shoot a lot of prairie dogs, but that's shooting, not hunting. kill a called coyote and you have actually accomplished something other than dope the wind and compensate for drop. kill a called pair and you become temporary king of the world. still striving for a triple - grand poo bahh for the day status... drive by killings are still OK, but don't rank up there with called coyotes.

-niv

·
Registered
71 Posts
Other Identified

Beaver---they are destructive little varmints where I live. Plenty of shooting opportunities (welcomed by land owners), but a little walking and wading involved.

·
Registered
102 Posts
November through January: Coyote, for sure.

Springtime: Rockchuck, for sure.

If I ever get the chance to go PD shootin', my springtime favorite choice could change!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Prarie dogs get my vote mostly because of the volume and also cause I can't call in a coyote to save my life.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts