Varmint Hunters Forum banner

POLL - which do you actually hunt/shoot to most?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
( QUESTION ASKED: PERTAINS TO THAT WHICH YOU ACTUALLY PERSUE THE MOST )

...and be honest :D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I voted coyotes, but...

I'm not too sure exactly what you were asking. When you say "hunt/shoot", I had to decide whether you were asking what I hunt the most, or what I shoot the most. I shoot several hundred jack rabbits each year. I shoot a couple hundred 'chucks each year. I only shoot a couple dozen coyotes. But I spend a lot more time out hunting for those coyotes than the jacks or 'chucks, so I voted coyotes. Sad to say that I haven't spent but a couple hours total shooting prairie dogs for the last couple of years. I only shoot paper/targets when I have to, which is really only when I have a new rifle to work up a load for, so it comes in dead last by a mile.

- DAA

·
Registered
488 Posts
Voted for paper or plastic targets cause I did not see rabbits on the list. In West Texas, Jackrabbits are our main varmints closely followed by Racoons.

:D

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Origin?

Why don't this Poll have Jack Rabbits & instead of calling them Gophers, Ground Squirrels? Where'd this Poll come from? :)) Godsdog.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Of the options you have in your poll, crows are what I shoot most. In real life I shoot tree squirrels, both red and grey, the most.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Coyotes. Longer season and more of them out there. MI VHNTR

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I spend a week every year shooting prairie dogs, but spend more time at the range shooting paper than that a year.

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
What?????

No Feral Hogs??

Over the past few dozen years, guess it's paper. This next year it may be different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
for me its a toss-up

I spend alot of time hunting coyotes, but when the going gets tough I will usually start chasing crows which for me is just as exciting to call. I do spend quite alot of time in the spring and summer shooting PD's, usually to the tune of 500-700 rounds, which for a non hand loader is all I can afford. Then there is the 2 turkey seasons and that usually amounts to alot of scouting and hunting but not alot of shooting...if any.:D

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I knew the answer before I opened it, found PDs and clicked. THEN I saw "paper/plastic targets". Honestly, I kill a lot of paper targets! (Do un-born chickens count??? LOL!)

P.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I go groundhog hunting then crows as they most because they are the most prevelant species that I target in the summer. Paper targets would be next, followed by the predator species. The last couple of years predator discussion here has sparked my interest in predator calling. So they should start ranking higher on the list. Sam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts