Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
You want real wood?
Heavy bench class rifle in .219 Donaldson Wasp built for Harve Donaldson in 1955 by M.S. Risley. It has exactly 593 shots down the straight taper Gregoire barrel and every one and every target is chronicled in the textbook I have. Harve owned the rifle and kept terrific notes. It was sold to Dr. John Thompson and he shot and kept notes, as well.
Wood Air gun Bottle Building Trigger

Table Wood Sewing machine Luggage and bags Market

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
About the only pictures I take is my hound in action.
Water Dog Working animal Carnivore Lake
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Companion dog

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
And here is the answer to the old heavy bench rifles. This would still be called Heavy Bench in IBS but in NBRSA it’s called unlimited. This is one of mine and it weighs in at 86 pounds. It’s done well in competition having won at Middle Georgia and at Rachel’s Glen in Alabama. That was Mickey Coleman’ place. You knew a Yankee would have a tough time there when they paint the Wailing Wall Confederate Grey. Mickey and Brady Knight were painting it when I pulled in and they told me that but I said it looked closer to Union Blue. They stopped painting and Brady went to town and got greyer paint and they painted it again. That was really a nice range.
Gas Machine Recreation Machine tool Optical instrument

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
At the match at Rachel’s Glen, Jim Kelbly was shooting his dad’s, George, heavy bench similar to what I pictured earlier and he finished second. Hobie Bond was third. I remember that well because at the ceremony Mickey Coleman remarked that they going to close the border to keep Yanks out.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
FB we been trying to do that since the carpetbaggers started coming . I remember my ole neighbor saying they beat us in the war now they are beating us with their pocketbooks . Lake Anna is a prime example I was one of the few southerners on the lake . But I remember it was 2 labor prices around the lake a Northern price then a local price 😳

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My favorite photo subject….doin what she does. We don’t do school on cattle working days.
She did a 20 mile trail ride on Friday, parade and rodeo on Saturday, came to OKC yesterday to see me, and working cattle today
Sky Automotive tire Working animal Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Vertebrate Sky Natural environment

Shoe Leg Textile Hat Cap

her momma on the horse
Sky Horse Vertebrate Hat Working animal

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
And @ShaneG. that Thang is "Slicker than a Mole."
Dean In Colorado sent some Family Photo to me to Post for him.
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Wood Smile Tree

Dean and his 3 Sons
Outerwear Smile Cap Happy Fashion

?
Smile Muscle Organ Standing Eyewear

Dean and some old guy from "Back East."
Wood Building Engineering Cabinetry Table

Gwyn and Judy. Hope on Floor and some old Homeless guy that lives in a Tent, between Blanca and Alamosa.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Jeans Sky Hat Plant Barrel

A very good friend of mine…..he has a ranch south of me about 20 miles on the Texas side of the border. He and I first went elk hunting together back about 1978-79. And just about every year since then. They worked cattle last 3 days….(large operation).

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Seems like my oldest boy had a .22 Dasher "pistol" for a while. With that pistol size type of action.
Sold it or traded it. FLAMETHROWER

21 - 40 of 41 Posts