Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Model 70 single shot .244 varmint rifle with a Hart 1-12 twist barrel that over a verified chronograph is fast. I will be using this rifle this Spring for prairie dogs and coyotes and have a suitable amount of 62-67 grain bullets made for competition shooting (6PPC). Obviously, with a .244 case, I can drive these bullets significantly faster than a PPC case rifle can. Is there someone on this site that uses these bullets for varmints, and if so, how much pristine accuracy is lost at much higher velocity?

Thank You,

WW

· Registered
233 Posts
All l can suggest is look for a node. I have no idea what you may give up. I have a Wby 257 that starts sucking the 100 gainers into a small hole once it reaches Warp speed around 3750.
The only "problem" l can see is the lack of expansion, even at another 300fps if not more. No flying lessons, splat or general carnage. Depends on what you want. ;)

· Registered
13,657 Posts
I do it all the time with 65 to 70gr bullets intended for benchrest varmints don't know the difference and accuracy may improve till you go fast enough cause the bullet to do crazy things......send it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts