Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got word from birdog about some very impressive attempts and scores from this years prarie dog safari. Doc Stone has connected at 1080 yds, good grief Doc. ;) Not to be outdone and in the pressure cooker birdog connected with a poodle at 1106.:D.
I got word this morning that the wind had given hope for a late afternoon kill of 1396 for birdog as Doc was watching and saw the hit.:eek: The TN boys still have all day today to see just how far a good gun and a determined Hillbilly can shoot.:cool: I know they are having a blast. Tim

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Them TN hillbillys went and got 4 more today, way... out... yonder.....good guns, good friends and great shots!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All guns are 6BR`s or wildcats off that case, Dasher, maybe a BRX. The bullets got heavier this year I hear, with 105`s getting it done and a few 115`s. This for Doc, and birdog. There were several kills just under the 1000 yd mark with 70 grain Ballistic Tips. I may have missed a bunch here, but they should be back soon enough to tell all and then some....

·
Registered
46 Posts
IF it's TN style hows come they had to come to Colorado to do it??? JK I got the chance to meet and tell each other wild stories. Really neat bunch of guys.. Dogsgone

·
Registered
425 Posts
I imagine they have some good optics sitting on those rigs to make those hits. I've looked at a few pdogs at 800yds, reallllly small target and the mirage was terrible.

Good shooting there guys.

·
Registered
698 Posts
NightForce Scopes

These go up to 42 power....dont look through one unless you already have a plan in place ...This is Doc Stones and Bird dogs scopes that were set at 1104 yards. Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I Will Amen The Cajun Cooking

I had the pleasure of tasting Cliff's & Grey Fox's cooking several years ago.
The fellowship around the campsite made our South Dakota PD Trips so
much more enjoyable. We will surely miss that this year, but, since I left
my "War Wagon" in South Dakota reckon we are going to have to go back
there & retrieve it this year. I thought very seriously about bringing it home
last year. Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it. I called Grey Fox just recently
to get his recipie for "Prairie Dog Stew". I remembered the Smoked Chicken,
Zucunnie, Yellow Squash, Onions, etc but had forgotten a few of the key
ingredients. My family really enjoys it. Cliff be sure & tell Grant hello for me.
He is a fine young man. Once gain, we surely did miss you fellows this year.

·
Premium Member
8,644 Posts
Let's hear about the setups they are using to break the 1k mark.
Mine was a Viper 6 mm Dasher ---8 twist Hart----1104 yd
7.5 Krieger=1025, 1025, 1106, & 1394 yd.

I had a Rem 700 6 BR that went to 914 yd. with a 70 Nosler BT.

I believe Doc used a Nieska J and a Remington 700

1 - 12 of 12 Posts