Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
junebug and myself are all of team tenn. that is planning to shoot today at the birdog range. Junebug is going to try his new Salvage L R P (long range precision) with heavy bullets. Saturday he was taking of the tops of golf tees at 100 yd. with Hornady factory loads. I think he loaded 75 A-max to test today with the 223 9 twist. We are going to try 400 yd. eggs with the 30 br, 6 br, 7mm wsm, and 223.
range will close early to watch the colts. Greyfox said it is too cold to shoot and Super Doc can't make it either. the last three day i have worked going to Decherd and Pikeville, tn. both near chattanooga. Both towns are over 100 mile drives one way for me. Yesterday was a 6 mile drive to Hartsville. Super Doc got his 22 Dasher under contruction yesterday. He will be a threat again at the Ky. grand slam (baloon bust and Top Gun) this year. Team Tenn is going to bring in Nurse Goooodbody to distract Paul, Mike, Don, Danny and all the other shooters.
Got to get in reloading dungeon. got to unroll some hay at daylight then a shooting-we-will-go. Everyone have a great SUPER SUNDAY!!!!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Good Super Sunday Morning BD and all diehards

Well alright then=
As you can see it don't get too cold, snowy, or windy
for the Ole Birdog to shoot= Wish I could join him and Junebug
but gotta go to #1 son's for Super Sunday pre-game thingy
Hoping Ole George has thawed out after the Coyote spree
yesterday- if you hanen't read it already read all the posts in
the predator forum under the Sniper George does it again thread=
Good to see JR in KY and wife yesterday, they are my kinda people
light snow and 13* and windy here
GO COLTS and PEYTON
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Bir Dog & GGVG Friends

A gooooooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a cooooool
Southern, KY. 21.5* here & snowing this morning. Them Tennesse Fellows
are definitely "dedicated shooters" to shoot in weather like todays.:eek:
NOw, if Doc was coming and bringing Nurse Goodbody, I could understand.
;) Well, went to the Gun Show yesterday and never seen so many people
at one of the Somerset Gun Shows. :confused: And, to make matters worse
The Reloaders Bench was a now show.:mad: So, I am still looking for VVN550
powder for my Swifts. Purchased a muzzle brake for my AR and it was the
wrong size and had to take it back.:mad: So, I ended up not buying anything.
Lots of people carrying weapons around for sale. There was so many people
there that they announced that anyone attending yesterday could come back
today for free. So, had to be a record crowd. Went to lunch with Kenny U,
Dough H, K9 Krippler, Boyd & his son for Kenny U's birthday. Old Doug H was
giving me a hard time. But never fear Doug, Mary Ann will still keep giving you
& Kenny U Coyote Calling lessons. Looks like "Tha Rooster" has his wings
frozen to the roost pole this morning. Shoooooooooooo ya old p:eek: hardt.
Hope each of you has a great day today. Attend the church of your choice
with your family. God will bless you.

Don M.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning Guys

Well good morning to you all and hope everyone is fine this morning. Too windy here yesterday to shoot and know what was going on. Me and the boys finally shoot a 22lr a little before we froze out. Isaac done pretty good putting 10 shots in a nice group from 25 yds. First time he has shot right handed and first time on a sub 1lb trigger gun. Hope you guys have a wonderful day.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Sunday Morning!

Another light snow on the ground this morning hints that winter is trying to get here. Sure had a good birthday yesterday with good friends at the gunshow. As DonM said, there was a huge crowd there and folks I want to tell you all something that beat anything just about I have seen, I almost got a feared and left. There was this fellow that was a selling a spray lubricant and he had sprayed all inside his electric drill with this stuff and then plugged it in the electric socket and stuck it down inside a tub of water and turned that thing on and let it run under water and did the same thing to a light bulb. That sure must be some ever more good coating of something to do that. Take care and have a good day today! :)

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Mornin Birdog and the gang

About 20 here now but not doing nothing. Wind blowed all day yesterday so no shooting. Hope all has a good day. Think I'm finally getting over this cold or whatever this was. Worst I've had in quite a while. Old George is a coyote killing machine. Keep it up George..

Donnie and the gang

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.