Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shane, I get a kick out of how you seem to always be tearing a truck apart, rebuilding an engine, all that automotive stuff. So, tonight I ran across a photo that might inspire your next project. Set it up as 4WD and this might make one heck of a PD Wagon.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

If you're interested, you can CLICK HERE to read all about it.

· Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Don McCutcheon of Monticello, KY, built a War Wagon trailer and pulled it to South Dakota several times. I was his co-pilot on several of those trips. First version had PVC hoops and a tarp roof. With the wind being what it is, those PVC roof pieces were like noodles by the end of the week. Before the next spring, Don had a houseboat builder create a steel or aluminum frame for the top and a canvas roof. After pulling it up there 2-3 times, Don worked a deal with the rancher and they found some place to store it in one of his buildings. By that time I had partnered up with Greyfox.

Here's a photo of Don's War Wagon on its inaugural trip in 2006. Those trips were very enjoyable ones for me and I took quite a few pictures that evoke really good memories.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

This was in late May 2006 with me on the left, DonM, Paul Workman (Rooster), and Rick Fox (Greyfox).
Smile Shorts Green Hat Tent

Below is War Wagon II in 2007. Original roof was GREATLY improved with a metal roof frame and custom canvas roof that was slick as snot. You might think all that canvas would mean the wagon would shake in the constant wind out there on the SD prairie. If you look, it had pivoting stabilizing jacks on all four corners, plus we sometimes left the tongue attacked to the truck. The shooter on the left here is John Beauchamp, aka "Professor." If you look real close, Don was shooting a rifle in a custom-painted stock that was pure white with a rebel flag on the butt. I forget just what caliber that rifle was, .220 Swift maybe, but it was an absolute damn lazer to 400 yards and respectable after that.

Tire Wheel Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire

As VolDoc would say, "Bestest of times."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts