Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum and already have gathered some good info. The reason for this post is regarding a problem with the Savage Model 25 in .17 Hornet.

I have the Walking Varminter with the synthetic stock and shorter barrel. I've had a problem with raising the bolt after the trigger has been pulled. Whether with a round fired or not, after pulling the trigger, the bolt requires an abnormal amount of force to raise it, but pulling back as if extracting a round is normal as is pushing the bolt forward and down again. Has anyone one else had this issue? Still waiting to hear back from Savage about this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome to the best site there is! I consider it my home away from home.

Sorry that I don't have any info on your problem, just wanted to say hello!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just returned my Model 25 LWV 22 Hornet. The bolt and loading mechanisms would be the same as yours I believe. I returned mine to the factory because it would not load, jammed every time. I also noticed the bolt was quite stiff, but didn't have much chance to work with it, since it wouldn't load. Just sent it in about 10 days ago, so it will probably be awhile before I hear anything. Hope both of us have a good outcome. First time I have ever had problems with a new gun:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys, I actually found a post over on saubier.com from a guy that has the exact same problem as we have. Hopefully things get sorted out with Savage. I guess we are the product testers on this one haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts