Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try a Rifle Basix trigger LV-1 on my Remington 700. Looking at the instruction sheet, it says that all triggers have been installed and tested for normal operation and safety function. "No Further Adjustment should be necessary". This is underlined. Does that mean only weight of pull needs to be adusted and the overtravel and sear are arleady set? Also does the adjustment screws need fingernail polish over them? I know to some of you this is a simple procedure, but all I have done before is to adjust my factory Rem trigger. I am off all week, unless I get called in to plow snow, so I have to catch up on some gun time, reloading, and maybe some calling. Darrel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rifle Basics adj

I have a few of the Basics triggers. I have told them what I want and they send them to me adjusted all I have done is install them. Good luck, John

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Going to try a Rifle Basix trigger LV-1 on my Remington 700. Looking at the instruction sheet, it says that all triggers have been installed and tested for normal operation and safety function. "No Further Adjustment should be necessary". This is underlined. Does that mean only weight of pull needs to be adusted and the overtravel and sear are arleady set? Also does the adjustment screws need fingernail polish over them? I know to some of you this is a simple procedure, but all I have done before is to adjust my factory Rem trigger. I am off all week, unless I get called in to plow snow, so I have to catch up on some gun time, reloading, and maybe some calling. Darrel
I would expect the "underline" is in deference to the litigeous times we live in, and that said, adjustment is the only way one is going to realize the range of that trigger.

Once sear, pull tension and over travel are set, I goop mine with fingernail polish on the tip of a toothpick - just enough to "weld" the screws in place. And, speaking of that, I highly recommend the nailpolish or the like, for I have had a couple triggers require re-adjusting, after some time. Once I started using the fn polish, the problem as yet to return.

You're gonna like the LV-1. I have installed several over the years. Now as a matter of routine; buy a Rem 700, buy an LV-1 (unless it is going to be a competition rig, then it gets a Jewell 2oz.)

Hope this helps,

P.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts