Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this Victor Quality saddle for about 10 years or so, plan to sell it now being I don't have a horse... and to expensive a saddle to loan out etc (falling horses.... riders who are not real nice to saddles)

My question is how do I bring the suede seat back to life, I brushed it and most of the flat spots come out... any ideas welcome... Also plan to put the saddle on ebay unless anyone knows a site that deals with online auctions for saddles/tack ? I need to get some better pictures, but I think this pictures shows the problem

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Clint, if the darkened areas on the suede seat are what you want cleaned up, dont be afraid to take a mild soap and warm water on a dampened towel and with the pressure of your finger, just rub a small area, to see how it goes. Turn the towel and wipe that same area. If you see dirt coming up, this is GOOD. Keep going, and try not to saturate the suede with water. Work small and keep wiping the area hard with the towel. Letting it soak thru will cause staining, and or discoloring of the dye in the leather itself.

Then, bristle brush it up, as it is drying, and once more after it is dry. Mild liquid hand soap works, or anyting else without "whiteners" or bleaching agents.

On the other hand....if you dont get any dirt to come up, then the suede is probably depleted, or gone, and no sense working it. I dont know the value of your saddle, but I do know that re-upholstering the seat in a nice suede would not be much over $250 dollars, around here.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I sure do like the deep seat!............

beautiful saddle...problem is finding a buyer that likes the deep seat.

happy new year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts