Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think im going to go ahead and buy it.....opinions of it and best place to buy?

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mainly to run different powder bullet combos....

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G...you know enough already. Why do you think you need it?
mainly to run different powder bullet combos....so many good powders out there and most published data dont begin to cover it..

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
mainly to run different powder bullet combos....so many good powders out there and most published data dont begin to cover it..
Hell, George, has no one ever told you Kentucky windage works for load development just like it does for doping the wind. You keep bumping the powder up until it goes from BANG! to BOOM! Then reduce it half a grain and you're good.

Plant Terrestrial plant Twig Marine biology Font

·
Registered
834 Posts
I’ve never needed the Quick Loads program, though I do have it. I like to try new powders and find it hard to get data for some of the cartridges I shoot. Here’s what I do:
If it’s not a magnum using very slow powder, I start a with new powder that’s in the proper burn range with the case 3/4s full and shoot over my Labradar while grouping. Forgot to mention, I’m setup to load at the range. Small cases like .223 I increase half grain at a time, large cases like my .280 AI I go up a grain at a time. When I start to just flatten the primers slightly, I drop back to .2 grain on the small cases and .3-4 on the large cases. I want to know where max is with that case, powder, bullet, and rifle. A lot of times, I’ll hit a good node while I’m working up and will pass it in search of max. Once I’ve found a decent node that gives me round groups and good velocity, I’ll start adjusting seating depth. If the rifle likes the powder, bullet combination, you’ll have a load that will group well then.

Wayne

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I do Wayne....just thought it might save money in the long run.....i still have not ordered it still plan on it tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts