Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from Richlands VA to Tazewell today I saw my first groundhog. It didn't surprise me when the temps were in the 60's a couple of weeks ago but it was 28* and snow on the ground. We have had some really cold weather the last week or so and the ground is frozen and snow, but the ol big male was muching on some grass. He may have been looking for a girlfriend too. Anyway got my blood pumping!!!!
Joe:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
strange year

I have had about 100 robins in my field for two weeks. It was 9 degrees in Central KY yesterday. Never seen so many so early before.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I've been seeing a ghog in front of an old house quite a bit in the warmest part of the day...even been cold but it's on the sunny side so it's pretty warm there...he looks real slick and fuzzy. I like seeing them...makes my trigger finger twich.

·
Registered
269 Posts
JoeZ

Down your way it's about time for the big groundhogs to start making little groundhogs.....hhehehe
Maybe you should have put out a bottle of wine for him to help him set the mood?.....lol

See, you need to help with the population increase now for more targets later!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.