Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own the RCBS neck turner attachment with Auto feed for the hand cranked Trim Pro? How do you like it? How easy is it to adjust? Can you hook up the drill attachment to turn necks? RCBS says the pilots ream necks at the same time as you turn the outside of the neck??
I am looking at one on sale so any info would help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have this without the auto-feed feature for my older RCBS case trimmer and find it to be easily adjustable and fairly precise. I use it to make 300 Whisper cases from 223 brass which requires me to turn the necks by about .0025" on a side(.005" diameter) before loads will chamber(custom bbl for 'Tender) with a seated 168 gr Sierra Match King. But first I must size inside necks with a inside sizer for a 30-30. The pilot on the trimmer does shave a bit on the inside of the necks on reformed brass, but with the thicker brass(necking down), it becomes difficult to ream with that pilot, hence, I inside neck size first, after forming the neck, then turn the outside of necks which works like a charm. Hope this helps....Bob in Indiana

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.