Varmint Hunters Forum banner

RECIPE.....Never thought I`d eat one of these... RECIPE

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Bear 
#1 ·
Isaiah and I swatted a young bobcat the other day. Dee didn`t say much when I brought it in and cut the meat off the bones, other than to point out where I left some fat on the meat. So, today is our weekly potluck up at the hunting partners place so a fitting day to use 20 people as guinea pigs hehe.

"PawPaw Bears Bobcat Bonanza"

1-1/2 pound of bobcat, (best cooked AFTER killing it)
1 big onion, preferably Walla Walla Sweet if in season.
1 big can tomatoes
1 can pinto beans
1 can Great Northern White beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
Go to Albertsons or Safeway and get McCormicks "Grillmates" Pork Rub
1 Tablespoon chili powder or grind it fresh and use less.
1 Tsp Garlic powder or smash some fresh garlic in.
1 Tsp basil
Lemon pepper - grind fresh and add to taste
Olive oil no need for extra virgins

Debone "it" and dont bother gutting it. Cut the meat into chunks to preferance (about 1/2 to 3/4" square...)

Roll the pork rub into the meat til it`s coated to taste (we coated it lightly and cooked a small piece to check the amount needed)
Brown in HOT oil,.... til it`s BROWN, not burnt.
Throw in all the other crap and simmer it for half an hour to an hour.

All kidding aside, we are pretty picky eaters, and don`t eat much in the way of real exotic foods. We try to eat large critters like Deer, Elk, Moose and such. Grubs, pythons, kangaroos and vultures don`t get us going for the most part, so a bobcat was a real departure for us.

Dee sampled it first and then Isaiah. They just smiled like the canary that ate the cat. :D I cannot believe how much like pork it is. :p This is no longer just an experiment. Dee says "You Bring em, I`ll cook em".
So there`s a recipe ya`ll don`t see every day.
(it needs jalepenos but the others wont eat it then)

OK, see ya!
Bear

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds Tasty......

You might try a Jack Daniels marinate.;)

#4 ·
We cut the loin straps out of

Justin's mountain lion he took with a bow in Utah several years ago......It was delicious.

#6 ·
Bear,when i come to your house i'm

bringing my OWN FOOD!!
say,i know you remember Red Elk..aka Art Burbrink..he said mountain lion was the best meat he ever ate!!////////// You know-----my neighbor has a big 'ol Siamese that runs loose all the time....maybe i'll give it a try!!

#7 ·
The neighbors cats are now in even more danger

And you thought cat was 3rd world food.
Just back from the potluck. Wooohoo! The kitty in a bowl was a big hit. all gone fast.
I`ll let you guys wonder if I would stoop so low as to feed my friends cat without telling them..........

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.