Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
followed me home today. This is the second one I've bought in the last year or so. Friend stopped me in the road and asked if I still traded any guns. "Yup". "I have a rifle, I think it's a 222. I bought it for my dad about 20 some years ago and he carried it in his pickup. Don't think he shot a box of shells thru it." He pulled it out and it was a Rem 600 with a junk Bushnell scope on it. He said he thought he paid about 200 for it. Wanted to know if it was still maybe worth 200. I said yes, and offered him 250. He was delighted....."and so was I."
Anyway, I had taken the last one i found to Mike Bryant and we put a 20 tactical barrel, a 6.5 TCU barrel, and rechambered the 222 barrel to 223, and made a nice package with it. Now I have an original 222 to add to the set. I will probably screw the 20 Tact barrel to this one and have a dedicated pickup gun. I sure can't hurt the stock anymore...LOL.

·
Registered
49 Posts
over the last two months

A Mohawk 600, Winchester Model 70, and a Rem 788 (all 222's) have come home with me. I haven't got to play with the 70 and 788 yet, but the first two groups I fired in the 600 at 100 yards were both nice round tight clusters you could cover with a nickel. By the time I fired the third group, it was almost dark, and it opened up a bit, but still good. You may wana try that factory barrel before switching.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
That was the deal of 2007 Bruce!!! I have one in .243 and was tickled to get it for 350. The value on these guns are really starting to go up, I guess because they were not a long run production gun. Take car bud,
Joe

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have two ribbed 600's, one in 222 and one in 6mm Rem but not nearly the deal that you got. I also bought an action and had it trued, restocked in a McMillan Mtn in green and black in 222 with a 22 1/2" barrel. Sweet gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts