Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good model 660 remington in 6mm or .223; maybe will consider a 6.5 or .350 in the magnums!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Rem 600 or 660

Nice choice :D ! The 223 is impossible to find in good condition . They made more of the 600's than the 660's in 223 , but the 660's are rated much higher because they were never listed in the Remington catalog . Trouble is there are a lot of fakes out there . Make sure barrel code matches , manufacture date . Remington did very few barrel replacements , and the ones they did were documented .

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Like L.Caz says.....the .223's are harder to find that Barack Obama's birth certificate. I have a 660 in .222. Did you have a price in mind? This gun was 99% until I scuffed the stock 3 weeks ago. I can have that fixed though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice choice :D ! The 223 is impossible to find in good condition . They made more of the 600's than the 660's in 223 , but the 660's are rated much higher because they were never listed in the Remington catalog . Trouble is there are a lot of fakes out there . Make sure barrel code matches , manufacture date . Remington did very few barrel replacements , and the ones they did were documented .
Thanks so much for this advice!!! any ohter clues besides barrell check to ensure I stay away from fakes??????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Model 660 Remingtons??

Surprised I am not getting any offers!! Chexck your closets!! Who has one they are not using and are willing to sell???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still looking for model 660 Remingtons!!!! Let me know when you spot one!! I will check it out!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts