Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Triple-Deuce!!!!!!!! Okay, earlier this month I belly-ached (a lot) about Remington dropping the 222 in the 700 BDL, but just now I see Browning is offering 4 rifles in 222 Rem for 2007. A-Bolts in camo stalker, stainless stalker, Blue Stalker, and a camo stocked varminter will be offered in my favorite cartridge. Now, I'm mighty surprised to see Browning doing this, but they may have finally figured out that there are a lot better varmint rounds than the 223 WSSM. Either way, I'm happy, and I hope they sell a ton of them (222's). Such old classics should never be allowed to die.

·
Administrator
13,343 Posts
yeah, but Browning dropped the 204

no more of those sweet Micro Hunters available in 204. I could have sold a hundred of those at our shop if they kept making them. Now a micro in the deuce? That would be nice.

Charlie

·
Registered
726 Posts
no more of those sweet Micro Hunters available in 204. I could have sold a hundred of those at our shop if they kept making them. Now a micro in the deuce? That would be nice.

Charlie
The really ironic thing is that these new Browning A-Bolts all have the new Super Short Action ( SSA ) developed for the Winchester Super Short Magnum rounds. Yet, not a single WSSM cartridge is offered in these rifles. Instead, Browning is going with the 222 Remington, 223 Remington, and 204 Ruger. This alone, should confirm that the WSSM ammo has flopped on the market.

This new Mossy Oak camo finish sure looks cool! Looks like it would be great for Western shooters.

Lance in Orygun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.