Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you know the year remington changed to the non locking bolt safety lever,and the year the .257 roberts was the classic chambering??I thought the change over was around 1982,but i've heard as late as 1987,but think it was earlier?

·
Registered
720 Posts
rem safety change

Can't answer your question. I have a 1974 Rem 700 adl 25/06 that had the safety that locked the bolt. Recently I had my gunsmith change it to a non locking safety. That was a five minute job.
I have a number or early 1990s Rem 700s that came with a non locking safety.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Safety Change

I have been wanting to do that to mine, do you know what has to be done to change it? I don't like flipping the safety off to unload it with a very light trigger. Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have been wanting to do that to mine, do you know what has to be done to change it? Thanks!
When you look at the safety, you will see an arm go from the center, up towards 2 o'clock.

Cut that arm off with a Dremel tool (or whatever) and clean up the end - then cold blue it and put it back.

That's what Remington did when they made the change over.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've Become One With My Rem 700 Safety

Thanks to you all I fixed my safety so now I don't have to take it off safe to open the bolt and unload it. Thanks again CatShooter for the advise, it is greatly appreciated! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.