Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realy getting into predator calling been using a friends phantom caller and wanting a foxpro but donot know if I need the one with or without the remote I live in NC and wondering what works the best thinking of either the 416b with remote or the new model without the remote thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
The remote is the only thing that would make them worthwhile...I can't afford one but I sure would like to have something with a remote. I had a JS non-remote on time and sold it on ebay. What you really need is a Friend that owns a foxpro.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Monk! Welcome to one of

greatest hunting sports there is! I don't own a Foxpro but I think the remote would almost be required equipment. With the remote if you want to change sounds you can do it without moving out of your stand. Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do and post some pics too!

Jim

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hello,
The remote is what makes the big difference in my opinion. The capability to operate from a distance. Better chance of going undetected. Also more flexibility on set ups. No need to push a bad wind or background.
I dont own one but would buy one tommorrow if I had the extra cash.
Good Luck,Post pics
Mike F.:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Another remote vote..

.. The remote is key.. Get their attention away from you.. I'd say gourd head and get the 32 sound version, tho'.. I have the 32 and still scratch my head trying to figure which sound to try..

.. I've been thinking of selling my unit and getting the new one for ease of use concerning changing the sounds but it's really no biggie on the old one so I reckon I'll stay with it.. I can change a lot of sounds the "old fashioned" way for the difference in the two.!!

.. Good luck whatever ya end up doing.!! d:^) Jake

·
Registered
388 Posts
Once you use a remote caller, you won't want to use anything else. I used to dread putting out a speaker, calling and then winding the speaker wire back up when I was done with a set. The cold weather will really drive this point home. I recently upgraded my home built remote caller to a FoxPro FX3. Again, the remote makes the caller well worth the price. MI VHNTR

·
Registered
49 Posts
Speaking of speaker wire...

How much lenth of wire can a guy use with a plane old mp3 player and a 30 watt amp/horn type speaker?
I want to go about 50 feet out from me, do you suppose ther is gonna be too much line loss to amount to anything?
(yes, I am trying to go anywhich way I can BEFORE I get the FOXPRO! That unit sounds like the ticket, but the money is the issue as with most folks. Messing with all the components will I'm sure lead me to the best unit, but I need to cover all the ground leading to that point I guess...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.