Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I see the reputation function has been enabled. This can be a good thing, or not, usually yes where I've been. But where do we have to go to see the results? I tried UserCP, nope. Profile? Nope. Are comments tagged as far as who they are from or left to the sender to sign? What are the various levels assigned? What are the criteria for points given - most places I've been that use this the older and sometimes more proficient posters with high Rep scores get to award more Rep points per comment than the new lost post count folks. Is it going to be the same here?:D

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
Marcus Aurelius was exactly right...

With that in mind, we haven't yet discussed how, or even if, we'll actually use the function much less how it will be applied. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

If we do decide to use it we'll let everyone know all the ins and outs.

Regards,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Works well on some boards, but it is subject to abuse by trolls on occaision.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
check your user CP

Thanks. Works well on some boards, but it is subject to abuse by trolls on occaision.
Check your User CP. You should find that you got some good rep from me and a note, just as I did from you for another post. That is an issue with rep, on many forums it becomes a popularity contest or back scratching deal.

Somebody that will remain nameless but is sitting behind my keyboard has already tried to game rep here just for chuckles. They were going to run up someone else's rep real high to watch them puff up. Unfortunately you have to spread so much around between times giving one poster some that it isn't effective or maybe it is also controlled by date/time.

The Admin's are no fun kind of guys, their rep is turned off.

Hu

·
Registered
687 Posts
I noticed the "junior member" line underneath my name... I think I have been a member of the board since 1998 or so... How would I upgrade my membership? ;) I like the new forum, good work.
Steven

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I noticed the "junior member" line underneath my name... I think I have been a member of the board since 1998 or so... How would I upgrade my membership? ;) I like the new forum, good work.
Steven
You "upgrade" your membership by the number of posts you submit, the more you submit the higher your membership.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just tried this out again. Yep still works. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts