Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone do this I have about 600 6mm Remington brass and need more 257 Roberts.
Thanks In advance.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
EricT

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Midway is out of Roberts brass??

Eric, I am not sure if that is an easy alteration or not. May require special dies, and or annealing.

A year ago, I bought 1,000 pieces of primed 257 Roberts brass (WW Super, +P type) to get the qty. discount, and then I in turn sold off lots of 100 and 200 to other GGVG'ers.

I kept about 350 for myself, but if you need some to get you by for a while, or until brass is again available let me know. I think I have about 150 or 200 that are still un-fired virgin, and could part with some for a fellow 'Bob-shooter'.;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very kind of you to offer

I have enough to get what I need to do done. Just was working up a load for deer with the suggested loads from my other post.
My chamber has a spot in it always has had so I don't shoot it much.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
EricT

·
Registered
826 Posts
Eric T, There is no problem in your thinking......

the application is somewhat difficult. The problem lies in the type of expander ball that is used in sizing up the necks. Also, lube in the neck also helps.

What you need is a Redding long tapered expander or a similar tool. Lube the inside of the necks before you try and expand them with Lee Sizing Wax, Imperial Wax, or some real slippery stuff of some kind. A regular expander ball like you see on a RCBS die really stinks for the kind of application you are using it for. You will end up with whopper jawed neck thickness, with one side of the neck being longer than the other side.

Email me at keithcandler at msn (remove this) at msn dot com if I can be of further help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts