Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we try to keep some kind of leash on our discussions of partisan politics here, which I think is wise, but the issue of providing unlimited support to Ukraine isn't really a Dem/GOP matter as all American taxpayers are footing the bill. Here's a blog that links to a Tucker Carlson interview and has me rethinking the blank check approach. It seems Walensky is now making demands, saying the U.S. has a moral obligation to continue with more and more support. Hmmm. Here's the link:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I'm another that has mixed feelings about Ukraine. I defiantly feel for those who are killed and injured or are having their homes and property damaged. But I'm also hearing all of the rumors of how dirty their government is. Most of what I'm hearing is about our politicians laundering money there. As far as out support goes, I don't know what or how much we should or should not do? Tough situation all around!

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
There are 2 sides to this mess. The Azov Batallion (who are about all Dead at the steel mill) has been messin with the people of Eastern Ukraine for several years.
Font Sleeve Emblem Symbol Electric blue

They proudly supported and honored the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division (Galician).
Font Poster Symbol Electric blue Art

And they DID have their reasons, many of them justified. The Soviets committed more atrocities than the Germans in Ukraine. Millions of Ukrainians died and they have always hated the Russians. I don't blame them one bit.
But That's only the "Backstory."
Ukraine today is a den of snakes and I believe all the stories of money laundering...BUT I can NEVER support the Russians (Soviets.) We shouldn't have supported them in WW 2 against the Germans and we have paid for it ever since.
Churchill tried to tell FDR but he wouldn't listen.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I had framer from the Ukraine work for me once. I asked him why he left. He said because of the corruption and the fact that he was a Christian. Any government job he had there was always money taken by the authorities. He had to figure that into every job. He said since his sons were Christians and were required to do military service that they would be put in every bad situation possible. That’s when he finally decided to come to the states. He said he missed his country but his boys were more important.

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
In the end it will be under Russian control in some fashion .
In my opinion we've already done more than we should. They have had many years to prepare and chose not to.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
In the end it will be under Russian control in some fashion .
In my opinion we've already done more than we should. They have had many years to prepare and chose not to.
Correct! No country needs to prepare now. They know if they can sell their "victim" or "anti-communist" status the USA will send them about anything they want. Up to and including personnel. We have become the world's military reserve.

Now I want to figure out how the Biden family is profiting from it and how the Clintons are not!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Political corruption runs deep in Ukraine. Political corruption runs deep in the USA.
I cannot see a difference between the two.

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
I fully agree with Ken, I don't believe there is a country in the world that doesn't have Political corruption and it is all political parties of the countries. I am also of the opinion that we dole out way too much foreign aid especially to countries that don't need it. This includes some of our allies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts