Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! The Breakfast Club will come to order...as soon as y'all gets outta da bed and gits some korfee inya!! :D (Where is Rick Fox's generator when ya need 'em?)

A balmy 37 degrees here - gonna stay above freezin thru Sunday, it looks like. The rain is going to hold off until Sunday, so plans for the last pheasant hunt of the season on Saturday are secure!

Speaking of "rise and shine", or talk about getting your heart to jump in your throat, Ami and I were driving home from shoppin' on Saturday, the sun was out and a herd of cattle were all lying on the grass - looking so picturesque (sp?). In the next field were FOUR COYOTES, not more than 150 yards from the road, sunning themselves as well! Me with no gun, of course (we were grocery shopping after all) and even if I had one, it was in a semi populated area along the Kankakee River. But, we both saw them at the same time and both of us shouted, "COYOTES!!!" Ami, a very good driver, was all over the road - trying to look back over her shoulder and drive at the same time. Whew! What a rush!!!

Well, speaking of "rush", I see my ol nemisis is still hung up in the hot tub. And whar is doc, bd, James, MLM, WD, and the rest of y'all? Git-r-done!

P.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Well I wuz watin fer ya to post ther Pawl cauz I seen ya online and I knew ya wuz typing faster than I could read so's I jest setin har watchin fer ya post. he he. Good Morning and a cup of caffinnnnneeee in hand. Why do those yotes always showup when ya don't have any iron? Thats happened to me several times. Oh well. Well I'm still working on the br and coming along ok..I hate wood work but it's gotta be done. I've got to get sum rings for the scope and a arbor press or make one and be ready to go. Everyone have a good day..ok?

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Goin' out de do' even as we speak. Nail a couple for me this weekend Paul.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Paul And Everyone!

Good Morning! Moving kind of slow this morning, would have loved to slept a while longer, but duty calls. :mad: Sure would like to go on one of them pheasant huntin trips with you all Paul, I love to bird hunt! Take care everyone and have a great day! :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Its Hard To Wake Up....

...without that generator running in the background. Hi Gang, the rut is on in South Louisiana. Grant and I are going to the woods today.....he passed on a massive eight point yesterday......twice.....because the deer was faster than his trigger finger. There's nothing quite like bucks chasing in the cockleburs along the Mississippi River. Yall have a great one. -Cliff-

·
Registered
928 Posts
'Morning everyone, not up early but still working. Looking forward to heading home soon for some shut eye.
Ken

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Paul & Tha GGVG Gang

A goooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from deep in the
Southern, Bluegrass. 39 degrees here this morning and going up
into the lower 50's today. Giving 60 for Saturday. Well, I see that
"Tha Old Grey Rooster" finally got up one morning for a change.
About time, "ya old phardt" . :D It was good to see Ky Fisherman
posting yesterday. Hadn't seen one of his post for several days.
Same with MLM, he has been "absent" for a few days also, as has
W.D. Swift. Hope each of you has a great day today. Remember to
take a moment to thank the one who blesses you & I with this day
in our lives. God bless.......:)

Don M.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Good morning all

It looks like another nice day here in SWV, temps into the mid to upper 40's. I hope your week has gone well, have a great day and God Bless.
Joe

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
The generator...

would be OK, but I'd rather hear those pd's chirping. Now that I've got my dies cleaned out, I can get back to the business of loading next summer's ammo. I luv the smell of gunpowder...it smells like summer in South Dakota.

I must be getting soft. I spent the last hour of daylight yesterday in my shooting house close to home (a 5 minute walk from my back door). Eight does came out of the woods right at the end of legal shooting time and I chose to watch them rather than harvest one. Tough choice, but I still have a week and a half 'til the season's end.

Rick

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Good Morning Gents (you too Paul)

YUP!! Warm here too for the season Paul. I was cutting wood yesterday and just thinking what a nice day for a Pheasant hunt, and wondered if you'd been out training the dog any.

Great to see ya there a couple weeks ago brother Don, and although I'm not jumping the fence for ya..... you look great and glad to see you getting around so well.

Went over to visit ole MLM on Tuesday and he's getting all prep'd for his Tour.

Headed to the local store today to pack up on powder,a new pair of moccosins, and see what all is on sale. Catch all of you later. YOP WD.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Well=He!! musta froze over cause=

I slept all nite w/o waking-up @ 1:00PM
Well alright then=
We(and I use the word loosely) :D got my new reloading bench and cabinets installed
thanks to John Beauchamp=what a craftsman!!
Now I got a motivation to organize the rest of the Dungeon= [g]
Sunny here today but cold 33* and 76% humidity
got some paper work to clean up @ the office then
off to fireform some more 30BR
life is good=very thankful
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Christmas Card

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! The Breakfast Club will come to order...as soon as y'all gets outta da bed and gits some korfee inya!! :D (Where is Rick Fox's generator when ya need 'em?)

A balmy 37 degrees here - gonna stay above freezin thru Sunday, it looks like. The rain is going to hold off until Sunday, so plans for the last pheasant hunt of the season on Saturday are secure!

Speaking of "rise and shine", or talk about getting your heart to jump in your throat, Ami and I were driving home from shoppin' on Saturday, the sun was out and a herd of cattle were all lying on the grass - looking so picturesque (sp?). In the next field were FOUR COYOTES, not more than 150 yards from the road, sunning themselves as well! Me with no gun, of course (we were grocery shopping after all) and even if I had one, it was in a semi populated area along the Kankakee River. But, we both saw them at the same time and both of us shouted, "COYOTES!!!" Ami, a very good driver, was all over the road - trying to look back over her shoulder and drive at the same time. Whew! What a rush!!!

Well, speaking of "rush", I see my ol nemisis is still hung up in the hot tub. And whar is doc, bd, James, MLM, WD, and the rest of y'all? Git-r-done!

P.
Hey Paul:

I received this very beautiful Christmas Card with a lovely lady and two great
looking Golden Retreivers, but, there was this old "Grey Headed Phardt" also
in the picture. Can you shed any light on this subject, LOL . ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Paul:

I received this very beautiful Christmas Card with a lovely lady and two great
looking Golden Retrievers, but, there was this old "Grey Headed Phardt" also
in the picture. Can you shed any light on this subject, LOL .
Well, the Golden Retriever is Buddy, the one givin' Ami a big "pooch smooch", and the one with her head in my lap is Sandy Pooch (the one that got so ill last week - none the worse for wear now, however!)

However, that "Grey Headed Phardt" you allude to is gonna kick yer butt at the BBB, if I can catch ya! (might even out shoot ya too.) Wouldn't THAT be a hoot!:D

Good to see ya up an around yew ol RAT! :)

P.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts