Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vince & I did the rookie drawing last night and these are the results in order drawn with number in party. We had a discussion with the participants and upped our number to six so could have ended up with perhaps 9 shooters but ended with 6 plus 2 alternates. First name drawn was (these are posting names )
avangorder party of 1
BillR party of 2
TZimm party of 1
Deadasslast2004 party of 2
First alternate Varmint Don party of 1
2nd alternate 5redman8 party of 2
This year we had 35 people for the four places & decided to go to six. We think we will still be able to make this a very interesting & fun shoot with this number. Former rookies what do you think? Enough shooting for six??
Hope those that didn't win are not discouraged and will participate again next year.We would certainly like to take every one out that have never been but just not possible. We have met some really great people & made friends that we manage to stay in touch with so has been great for us also. Winners get in touch & we will firm up dates. Heck

·
Registered
411 Posts
woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Damn what a way to finish the year out. I have had the dangedest luck and this one hell of a way to finish it out!

Thank you Thank you Thank you... Chuck Miller you better gas up the truck I know where we are headed. I better see if I can find a VIRGIN Cooper to take on this one.

Thanks agaoin Heck. I look forward to talking to you soon and hope the snow doens't get too bad today up there.

Deadasslast2004 aka Rodney Hill

·
Registered
411 Posts
now that I am getting over the excitement!!! and have reread it

Looks like I pulled my namesake. Deadasslast spot in your drawing. Couldn't be more fitting I guess. Last place for the dead ass last place guy! LOL

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Congratulations Rodney!!!

I smiled for you when I read down the list, thinkin.......hmmm....isnt this the man that has had one setback after another in 2006, with family illnessess, and such?

Good for you, and enjoy the ride!! :D :D Ought to be a hoot, you and Chuck.

·
Registered
698 Posts
How Lucky Yall Are

Hi Heck and Vince,

Grant and I still talk about that trip. There will plenty of shooting for all. Yall successfully have cost me thousands of dollars in rifles, scopes and bullets etc. Grant is seventeen years old now.....and knows everything in the world....he still finds time in his busy busy schedule to make a trip and pop some prairie dogs. Thanks Again. -Cliff-

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yea Me!!

I Cant wait!! I am sooooo excited! I guess I know what I am going to be doing the next few months!! LOAD LOAD LOAD!:D :D :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
to John in Ca.

Yes sir it is I who has had one hardship after another and even a recent surgery and as I sit here I just signed the papers to have my father taken to a nursing home since he can no longer stay at home with his medical needs. I am touched that someone has remembered me and I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers and such this year.

Maybe things are changing and I will have a better 2007 with this recent positive incident.

Heck, I sure hope you stay warm and dry today up there as I sit here and looked at our Dnever offcie and their closing. I realize you are further south and east but I fear you are gonna get this wintery blast as well.

Happy New Year to Ya'll and may 2007 bring EVERYONE a prosperous year.... and to all a good night!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About 31 degrees here now with 40mph wind. About 2-3 inches of slush (rain & sleet mix ) on ground now & starting to snow pretty good. Say they have about 9-10 inches on ground 30 miles west. Heck

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Heck and Vince, makes it tough

to get to the truckstop for breakfast if they have that much snow, doesn't it?? I was wondering how you were fairing with the second snow.

Don't worry about enough dogs. I remember one field was 2.1 miles gate to gate in pretty much a straight line diagonally. Even with 100° heat, 30+mph winds and drought this year, I managed to burn up around nearly 1000 rounds, the longest being 481yds. Don't forget to have everybody stop by Mike's, too. Lots of goodies there, let alone at the Liar's Lounge.

Winners, this is a must trip. Just do it no matter what it takes. You will meet two of the best people and some of the best shooting you will ever imagine. Bring as many varmint rifles as you have room for. i brought 7, from Hornet to Swift, and I think Monte brought even more, including some varmint caliber handcannons. Enjoy!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congratulations to the Winners

Just a sample of some of the fun your going to have.

Can shoot all the distance you can imagine. Here's Heck, Vince and Roger shooting at 1000 yards.

Thjudg, Gonedawgn and Ilmo, with Heck's Badger.

Guy's again Congratulations. You make friends that will last forever.

Rick

Oh! yeah why your going, to feed the raptors and save the prairie.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Congratulations guys!

You'll just be amazed at how much fun it's going to be. You're hooked up with two of the best gentlemen that I've ever met. Though you're rookies and don't have a clue what you're doing, Heck and Vince are eager to teach and share all they know about the sport, which is as much as anyone there is. Pay attention to what they tell ya because it's fact, regardless to what you may have read elsewhere.

And Heck, the year we were out we shot with 2 other fellas from your local area and I thought it was fine. That made 6 of us, one was a gun dealer from Lamar, of which the name won't come to me right now.

I can't be specific as to where you took us but it was the place where the dog town seemed to go on for miles... remember?

Also, I'll be sending you an amail in the next day or 2.

Norm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts