Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the question is can this trigger be adjusted. A friend just purchased a new M77 MKll in .204 Ruger and asked if the trigger was adjustable. In searching Rugers sight I couldn't find an answer. They only mention the rifle models with their new LC6 trigger as being adjustable. Is he stuck with his 8 lb trigger pull.

Thank you
Gary

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
"Stuck with" may be a tad strong.

The Ruger MKII triggers are non-adjustable, but aside from having a qualified smitty do some work on the trigger, it is easily replaceable. Timney makes a great after market trigger/sear/spring that is easy to install. Just follow the packaging instructions and ask for help if need be. I've installed a bunch of em and for walking varminter rifles, they are fine. I adjust mine to 40 ozs and go hunting. With shipping, expect to pay about $80 +/-. Good Luck to your Bud. Bill...........

·
Registered
37 Posts
A Second Vote for a Timney

Timney makes a real nice trigger and it is simple enough that I can even install one. The cost difference between hiring a smith and the cost of a Timney is going to be a wash. I like the adjustable trigger as you can remove it when/if you sell it.
Good luck with the M77!
george

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Gary, Rifle Basix May Be YOur Answer

Rifle Basic makes a pretty nice tirgger for the Ruger Mark II's. I have one in
a 22PPC and it is not a Jewell, but lots better than the factory trigger. I am
guessing 6 ounces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts