Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-5° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry cold skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 8°. It will be sunny with a 10-mph wind and cold, no precipitation today.

I was home most of the day yesterday and got some work caught up around here. Today I am not going anywhere unless I absolutely have to, I have enough here to keep me busy.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good real Saturday morning from NC Ohio 20 may make it to 28 but its dry. Same old here, just surviving and trying to stay healthy. I've got to get the reloading manuals out and learn to reload again. Been too many years since, I would definitely need a refresher course. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Good morning from Waseca and the day after. Snow, we finally have snow and it's all in a windrow across my driveway. Thanks to the road department.
6 degrees now, 9 for the high. I was able to stay in and work yesterday, today I have to shovel a path out. I think there is 4 or 5 inches on the ground, 18 or so in my driveway.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
296 Posts
Negative 2 here in the hills of CT, with a pretty good breeze this morning. The wind howled last night; I fell asleep to it. Probably won't make it out of the single digits today as George mentioned so today will be a day of tending fires and getting ready for 6-10" of heavy, wet snow overnight Sunday into Monday. Sure looks like a "2 plow truck" type of storm coming and the old truck needs some TLC. Colder temps expected tonight so I'll be sure to guard the wood stove after the work is done today.
Just saw a wind chill report on the weather station; -23 right now wind chill.

Old New England saying: As the days begin to lengthen, the cold begins to strengthen.

The old guys knew what they were talking about!

Reactions: George Foster

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Good morning. Light snow and 28 in Indy. Might get as much as 1" and heat up to 31. First real snow of the season for us. If it sticks on the roads I'm required to make my annual prediction that the body shops will get busy.

Julie got home from MI safe and more or less sound. She had to take her sister to the ER up there around 2AM yesterday with bad stomach pain. Got released in time to go to their uncle's funeral and left Muskegon a little after 2PM. She arrived here about 7:30 last night pretty worn out.

Took a second FauChi virus test last night. Also negative. No fever, no loss of taste or smell. There's no test, other than history, for the creeping crud. That's the diagnosis I'm going with. I do much better being upright than reclining so, here I am, being upright. Don't know if I'm going to the pancake joint or not yet.

Went through the gun inventory yesterday to make changes on the insurance policy. We've added some and there's a couple to delete. It's a never ending affair.

Better go turn off my alarm clock before it wakes up Julie and the dogs. Prayers all around. We can all use some!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
28° right now and the temp has dropped a few in the last hour. A big box of bullets was delivered yesterday so hopefully, I will be able to keep shooting for another year or two. Probably going to spend time in the reloading realm later today. Brother in law and I are going to go this morning to check out a new fishing hole. It will be more of a recon mission than a fishing trip but we will take a few fishing rods, just in case.
Looks Like snow is coming tomorrow. They are predicting somewhere between 1-3 inches tomorrow.
Prayers offered for those in need. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
13,724 Posts
Mornin boys...
30 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Snow supposed to start sometime today and
not quit til Monday morning. Depending on which 1 you watch
anywhere from 1" to 12" is expected . We'll see...
Well, think the China but may have found us...Melissa has.had a headache
since yesterday morning and is running a fever. Nobody else has any symptoms...
yet. Guess with the weather they are giving, well all be stuck inside with her.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

PS...I guess since nobody ever has a common cold or flu...China but is all
you can get now days...lol

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Great morning folks,

A bit breezy with 10° and a little bit of clear sky will provide a direct view of the sun shortly here near HalfwayUSA.

I was outside handling chores for about an hour yesterday. 20mph wind & 15° sent the chill right through me. The rest of the day was spent closer to the woodstove and reloading bench. I started filling 223AI & putting them in ammo boxes as they were finished.

I do believe I'll be able to do more of the same today.

·
Administrator
13,014 Posts
Good Saturday morning to you all. It's 17 here in south central PA going to maybe 24 or so. The stove is cranking with coal and its chilly in the house even. Calling for either 2-5" or 5-10 here starting tomorrow afternoon. They still don't know for sure.

Font Rectangle Technology Parallel Screenshot

Last night I hunted after work. Had 2 does standing where I park when I got there. I didn't see a thing sitting at my spot. The 2 does were back when I got to my truck. 🙄 I park in a safety zone near a house, and they were in a little triangle piece of Battlefield property that's about 1/4 acre, so no shooting there. They know where they are safe. LOL

Not hunting this morning. Too cold and too much to do. After I finish my coffee I need to move some coal in the bin to where I can get to it, empty the ashes and may run for more coal after I see what I have. I also have a few other chores. Fill the bird feeders, install a video doorbell, etc. I'll probably hunt later. Last night for me. A bud offered a nice warm cabin to sit in this afternoon. He missed 2 there last night and gave up. Lol

Well I need to get moving. Prayers up. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It’s 13 degrees and it’s not snowing here. This dang gone snow blower won’t blow. It sucks. It’s not getting a spark. I’ve checked for shorted out wires and messed up ignition system and the plug as well. It’s too cold to mess around with it any longer. It’s going to the repair shop as soon as Paul brings the my Durango and trailer over here. Other than that, what’s left??? The snow is going west south and east of us this time. I have to get another die out in the mail. It should be safe as it’s going to Virginia. No, not Virginia Wolfe.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
morning all. 7 above with 1 for the wind chill, not enough snow to measure. DRY.
Worked on unhooking my baler yesterday morning then played out before I got done.
Took a good nap in the afternoon, feeling better this morning, see how long it lasts today.
Gwyn ordered groceries yesterday so has to run to town for the parking lot pickup, then home to rest too.
Still no more dead coyotes on the bait pile, pile is about gone though.
Better get, have a good safe, warm day. Prayers for those in need and with health issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 48º here with rain and thats probably the high for the day. Rain is predicted for most of today and tonight and a Wintery mix is possible for tomorrow morning.

The Wife and I made a grocery and Walmart run yesterday morning and I spent the afternoon messin with and tumbling brass. My running buddy stopped by and we had a beer sitting in the shop door and watching the tumbler.

Todays plan is to finish tumbling brass. And watch the rain out of the window and remember the years that I worked out in it. I may pull 500 or 1000 223's out of the batch I've been tumbling and start prepping them to load.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good Morning from the ☀ shores of Medico in Venice Florida not Italy. 54 this morning to a high of mid 70's. Got a call last night the little older woman is taking our condo. Hopefully she will be pleased and enjoy her time here as I told her the neighbors are very nice . I've never had close neighbors before it was a thing to get use to but it was enjoyable.
The home inspection went excellent on the purchasing house . We will be 10 minutes from the beach instead of 3 minutes but that is fine neither of us are beach people . And when the wife does go she knows to calls her girlfriend. 👍
Well I just finished my usual bowl of oatmeal guess I'll see what the Mrs plans are for today.
Everyone have a good day stay safe and stay warm.
JW

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Good Caturday morning from the sticks of Kentucky as Waffles the Bobcat is just waking up.
Cat Felidae Carnivore Organism Small to medium-sized cats

He doesn't live with me but I wish he did; both he and his Mom are Beautiful.

31° here and full cloud cover for the day. I am not expecting a snow event but I need one to help me locate some Coyotes. Had one on TCam night before last over close to Otis's house.
Justin had to bring his kid to a school event early this AM and they will be returning soon. Damcows are standing in the field waiting for Breakfast delivery so I should be going OUT.
Good luck to all you sick folks; if you Don't Have Chinez Virus at the present time, you are Gonna Have it soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's balmy here in Kentucky compared to where most of you guys are, 34 going to 37. Our snow prediction has dropped to zero here, and I'm fine with that. Hope it's not too bad for the rest of y'all.

Feeling pretty good again this morning. Doug, as for the lingering crud, all I can tell you is that a Z-pack (azithromycin) works for me. Docs love to opine that antibiotics don't work against a virus, and I think a true cold and flu are both viruses. Nonetheless, I held off for 7-8 days this time, but once I got the Z-pack I started getting better. Take that for what it's worth. If I weren't allergic to penicillin, I think a damn big shot of that in the ass might work quite well, too.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe in the snow, and remember to pray for the needs brought here as well as for our nation.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Good morning everyone...19°here at the house this morning. Went out hunting last night and set up at an old golf course that was turned back into farm ground and overgrown. Ended up getting one within the first 5 minutes and it was another male....I think that is all we've shot so far. Seen a few more but couldn't get shots on them. Before we gave it up we was at my buddy's house that raises deer. Well his trees were full of feed robbing raccoons. Ended up popping about 7 or 8 in about 5 minutes. He shot 18 out if his fenced off are in one sitting last year. Sure was cold with the wind blowing last night.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Administrator
1,892 Posts
32* and a mix of snow and rain, more rain then snow. Last night they were saying 3 to 5 inches of snow. Not at all sure what today will hold, I do know that the cold damp air is tough on my Arthritis. My hands are swollen, stiff and very sore. It is very hard to type so going to be brief.
Prayers for all in need. Lord smile down on all that are hurting and all that need comfort of any kind. Shine your healing light on the world and bring love and peace to all. Amen and God bless you all.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Wind here (45 mph) and cold. Dean, you were right. Son and family are in NM skiing and the little redhead is having a blast. Her little friend from Colorado and her dad met them and is with them. Here is a pic of them here a couple of week ago…
Face Smile Photograph Sky Plant

They make quite a pair. Her dad is an outfitter in Colorado and also a rodeo announcer.
Nothing going to happen here today except inside in the recliner. Wifet has a big pot of brown beans on cooking with promise of cornbread and a big slice of onion. Life is good inside today.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I need one of those Bulls to go with my Cow..
Ecoregion Vertebrate Sky Natural environment Working animal

She likes to play with the Hay...everyone say: "Get rid of that old funny looking horny cow." But I kinda like having her around....live calf on the ground every time.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Late evening check in for me, slept in this am, and had company on and off ever since then, buddies to come by and check on me. They all have been hiding out from the Chinese bug, not going anywhere much either. Yesterday was the worst post op day for me, a lot of soreness, swelling and bruising taking place, doc says it is normal. The swelling and bruising have both started to leave today, not nearly as sore, and keeping my knees elevated higher than my chest has helped a lot, 2-3 hours at a time. Am looking at a UBR righ, XP 100 sleeved action, Shilen barrel, tuner, side bolt release, trued bolt and action, M16 bolt release, McMillan BR stock and scope bases. $1200, has 300 rounds down it, Guy fixed it up for his teenage son who has come in heat since finding girls, and doesent care anything about the shooting sports anymore. WHat say you guys, good buy or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts