Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone....12° right now and just getting in from coyote hunting. A buddy and I went out and made some sets tonight.
First dog I shot right behind the dairy. Decent male at about 100 yards.
Crocodile Insect Twig Terrestrial animal Foot

I got a neck shot on him and he dropped in his tracks.
Went 1/2 mile away in the next field and snuck up on another coyote and he was 300 yards out and with a short call he made up distance real quick and we stopped him about 75 yards.
Rodent Fawn Terrestrial animal Tail Mouse

We ended up going back to the hog barns and seen a pair bugging out away from us and we called and again they turned and came back at us and picked up a 3rd along the way. Had one at about 50 yards and another at almost 100 and I was going to let my buddy take one and as soon as his red light came on they bolted like a bat out of hell. I was more setup to spot at that point but started rattling off rounds and missed every shot. We looked a bit longer but we was both wore out.

Not sure what my Saturday will consist of yet but don't think I'll be working. I might setup my NV scope for my buddy to use since that red light spooked those dogs.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

·
Administrator
3,998 Posts
2° here in Upstate NY this morning, the stars are out, and we have a fine mist of snow in the air. The high temperature for today is going to be up to about 25°. It will be a nice sunny day with a nice mild breeze. Tonight, we have a wintry mix moving into our area.

I spent the day at home yesterday doing different things but at least I didn't have to be on the road. We had an inch of snow, so I cleaned the driveway off. This is the time of the year I start getting set for what I want to do for spring and summer.

Happy Belated Birthday to Coyote George!

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

Good Shooting, George

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, warm, south winds this morning, high of 30 and windy.
Yesterday was a bust, stock bedding never hardened, trying to get into various government websites was the same. Verizon, DFAS and Social Security were impossible to get open. Security programs would send me into a loop requesting old passwords and not recognizing them. 3 try `s and get locked out.
The local SS office won't allow the public to enter. If you want anything they require you to mail original documents ie: your actual drivers license, marriage license etc.
I think I'll stay in the man cave basement as my wife calls it, tinkering all day.
Hope everyone has a better day,
Ken

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good morning guys, 14 degrees here as I type and might make it to 30 today. Only inside chores planned for today. Hope everyone has a good one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 12 going to 34 and its supposed to be bright sunshine. ShaneG, that's some fine varmint hunting there sounds like a grand time. With some sun I'll be spending time in the greenhouse, have to be there to control the excess heat anyway but what else is there to do in winter. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Mornin boys...
13 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Snow still hanging on but the main roads are clear.I
May hit the pawnshop this morning...we'll see.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Good morning from the no-pancake joint. It’s still in the teens but supposed to reach the upper 30s this afternoon.

I’m not the brass factory some of y’all are so I’m still working on the small pile of .224V. There’s no hurry. A few now and then keeps my feeble mind occupied. Seems like the deburring cutter isn’t doing well so I ordered a new one along with a few hundred 53 VMax. Nothing else of note going on here today.

Way to start a weekend Shane! Yote population control 101.

Have a good day.

Reactions: LarryDScott

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
12° headed to 40 later today. I wasn’t planning to leave the house today but a friend called yesterday and needs some help moving some equipment today and I volunteered.
Here is the 223 range brass I’ve been prepping. It would only be a light afternoon for Skruske but took me a week and a half.
Food Ingredient Dishware Cuisine Serveware

Little by little I will load them up and be prepared for a summer of shooting. Probably load up some 45 ACP’s later today. ‘Tis the season.
Way to go Shane. Whack ‘EM all.
Not sure what the day will hold but I know I won’t be going in to work today.

Make it a good day.

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
Good morning fellas. It's only 19 here with sunshine and calm wind headed to 34. No, I'm not up a tree this morning. I hunted last night and there's NO deer out there so not worth wasting my time freezing in a tree. I have too much to do here this morning. Need to bring wood in before FB's ice gets here tomorrow. Guy is coming to look at my boat at 1:30. I'll need to pull the cover off. He couldn't have come last week when it was warm.🙄 I'm not able to start it up in this cold weather so I don't know what he expects. Hopefully he flashes some green in front of me and it goes bye-bye.

Better get moving. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 17 in Louisville, going all the way to 43 ... maybe. Rain coming in about 8 or 9 tonight and running through noon tomorrow. Glad it's rain and not snow.

Still fighting some kind of bug, so I did squat yesterday. Might be all I do today, although if I feel like it I have some pork butt in the fridge that needs to be ground into sausage. Looking at Carl's buckets o' brass might inspire me to fill some 9mm or 45ACP cases today, too.

Shane, y'all put a hurt on the yotes last night. Congrats!

Hope everyone has a good day, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Good morning from Snowy western Ky.
There are probably more boats bought
in the early months of the yr, than any other time.
Boat shows in particular, have the market because
house burned buyers and lookers are out in force.
Charlie are you getting out to go to a different brand,
or just quitting. I should have stayed out when I sold my LUND,
but I couldn't stand that empty spot in the garage, so I bought
another TRACKER TV18 tournament model. It's at a referb
vendor in mid-state Illinois getting new seats and carpet. When
I get this one completed, it will be my crutch to lean on. It's
there if I want to go, but around here a trip to Wal Mart is more
exciting than fishing. Ya'll have a goodun. LDS

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Great morning folks,

With high clouds & some blue sky, a breeze and 14° we are already late in the morning here near HalfwayUSA. We had -0.1° at bed time last night so I suppose you could say we are warmer now.:rolleyes: The warming trend should continue with a southerly breeze and touch into thawing territory.

I visited old hunting partner yesterday. I took him a nice used 32" flat screen TV that Corey gave me. I traded out his 20+ year old tube TV. I took a flat moving cart with me and was able to get that heavy beast off the stand without smashing it. I rolled out of the house onto the porch, down the steps and into a space in the garage. A space that I cleared of debris just last week. :confused: Hooking up the new TV was plug & play. He turned the Dish to the bluegrass channel then push the volume button all the way up. He shouted "That'll do just fine" :ROFLMAO: I cleared more junk out of the garage, the old TV can sit there until I get help lifting it into my truck for proper disposal.

Birds seemed to be well pleased they were fed this morning. Rabbit had cleaned up everything that was on the ground.

I'm thinking today will be a good day to actually fill up some of the brass I've been tumbling & sizing.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 30º here and cloudy with forecast calling for it to warmup and start raining. There are possible T'storms through tomorrow morning.

My running buddy and I went by the Doctor's place to check on some ponds and turn off the water we had pumping. One of them was over full and another didn't have enough. Its fresh water inlet was stopped up with Catfish, of all things! The big pump (60HP) in the Bayou sucked them in and they couldn't get past the strainer at the pond. So we had to kill most of the day and go back later to turn that water off. The cold weather that you guys up North are getting seem to be moving the Ducks down to us.

Not much planned for today. I may get the Wife to help me tote the brass that I have sorted and tumbled out to the storeroom. She is usually willing to help to get it off of the kitchen table! I expect Her and the Cat will want a fire after while so I may be toting brass out and wood in.

Congratulations to Shane on the Yotes! That was a good night.

Prayers offered for our members with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Son, his FIL, and one of the guides are entered in a varmint calling contest today. Looks like a good day for it, been cold and windy the last two days and today no wind yet, and beginning to warm up a little. You never know.
I’m thinking fire up the Dillon to day and get it going. I have a little HS6 for the 9mm, but not that much. What are you boys using in 9mm ??? Let’s see those recipes. I have 3-4 different bullets.
You guys have a great day.
Photograph Snow Atmospheric phenomenon Terrestrial animal Pack animal

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Morning all, 36 headed to 48 today! It was 4 when I went to bed at 11, and started a warm up during the night. Got to box up a couple of things to ship today, take some guns into the house and safe, also working on a 16G 870 Rem for a guy, saftey is not wanting to work well. Shane way to geter done on those dawgs. Didnt do much, or get out of the house except to pet the dog, he was going thru withdrawal. Ice and crutches dont mix well.. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts