Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Bruce I have had great luck with Titegroup, and HP38 and Unique.
I’ll have to take inventory on my powders and see what I have…Thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good Morning from the shores of Medico in Venice Florida not Italy.
72 at the moment to a high of 82 today.
I didn't get much done yesterday . The Mrs ordered a new TV a couple days ago . UPS was to deliver before noon. Well that changed twice before we received . I did get my reloading dies setup yesterday . I managed to get a handful of brass setup and ready to load I'll complete the reloading at the range. Kentucky same here what ever this is it's hanging in here . Appears to be typical head cold . No temperature coughing , congestion , and more coughing .
Everyone have a good day and stay safe.
JW

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
morning all. Was 28 earlier going into the mid to upper 40s and breezy. Got to the low 50s yesterday.
Slept in till it was daylight this morning, thought I'd kicked the crud yesterday but it came back around last evening.
Still not feeling 100% but will try working in a bit. Gwyns' folks are both sick now too, some prayers there would be nice. Thanks.
Worked around the shop yesterday, trying to find a oil leak on one tractor, but cleaning the oil soaked hay and dirt out from
under the cab is a pain. Didn't want to start the pressure washer this time of year but may have to.
Have a small bunch of brass to clean that my son picked up, how do you get the tarnish off of them, they must have laid out in the
dirt quite a while, all grey and nasty.?
Better get going, been out and chores are done so off to work I guess.
Have a great day and be safe. Prayers for those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Good CATurday
Head Eye Cat Felidae Carnivore

morning still I think. Photo is Mr. VIVO.
Cows and Cats are fed and warming in the Sunshine. Snow is still with us but will leave soon as Sam said.

SHANE!!!! GREAT JOB on the Coyotes. Love it!. I got my NV scoped rifle out yday afternoon....laid it on the Couch. I told it to go out last night when it was 12 ° but the Damthing just laid there on the Couch. I couldn't cut it. Also my Snares came up Zero. One was down and Coyote escaped...another had a DamDog caught by the leg. He was happy to see me and wasn't Tooo
PO about it. Got him out but had to cut my snare cable.
On bright side I found a trail in the snow where Coyotes are going under a HiTensile fence. Will Set it later today.

Carl P. That brass looked like Don McCutchen is back. Really nice. Dean, My suggestion on the brass cleaning is Send to Carl and let him clean it.

Bruce I use 4.0 grain of Titegroup on the 9mm. Unique is what most folks use but I don't have any.

I may take Judy Brown for a ride...shes climbing the Walls like a Cat after a Bird.
Vertebrate Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Felidae

Make like a Turtle if ya can today.

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
Larry, I have a 21 ft center console now I'm selling. Great fishing boat and very seaworthy but a gas hog and not much protection from weather. It's not got much seating for kids and their parents when we get a boat full.

Plant Watercraft Boat Tire Vehicle

Looking to get into something bigger with a cabin. Hopefully use it more for the fishing we do. Stripers are in the bay now and can do that with what I have now. Also maybe with the cabin we can spend the night and/or weekend on in a slip. I'm tired of rising at 2 am to get to the ramp early and then fishing all day and driving home. Something like this would be great.

Water Boat Watercraft Naval architecture Vehicle

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Bruce, I have been using W231 or WSF for years, in pistols and in the 9mm AR. I have used 125gr and 147gr bullets mostly, and my arms find the 147gr are more accurate. Lately I have been using hard cast lead 125gr (16 HB)to shoot in the SIG because they have been a lot cheaper to shoot and seem not to lead up.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
No rain for a few days it looks like, I’ll take it.
I am still riding the fence one getting another 12 gauge shotgun. Benelli Super Nova, Benelli Super Black Eagle or, Browning Maxus. George you are the shotgun guy here, what do you think? BTW I got $550 for the Remington 12 gauge Wingmaster but the friend that bought it said I was buying lunch.
Font Material property Circle Magenta Rectangle

·
Registered
833 Posts
Charlie are u thinking 4 stroke ? I purchased a Honda 4 stroke 20+ years the only thing I did was regular maintenance .If weight isn't a issue they are nice .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good morning everyone....12° right now and just getting in from coyote hunting. A buddy and I went out and made some sets tonight.
First dog I shot right behind the dairy. Decent male at about 100 yards.
View attachment 28816
I got a neck shot on him and he dropped in his tracks.
Went 1/2 mile away in the next field and snuck up on another coyote and he was 300 yards out and with a short call he made up distance real quick and we stopped him about 75 yards.
View attachment 28817
We ended up going back to the hog barns and seen a pair bugging out away from us and we called and again they turned and came back at us and picked up a 3rd along the way. Had one at about 50 yards and another at almost 100 and I was going to let my buddy take one and as soon as his red light came on they bolted like a bat out of hell. I was more setup to spot at that point but started rattling off rounds and missed every shot. We looked a bit longer but we was both wore out.

Not sure what my Saturday will consist of yet but don't think I'll be working. I might setup my NV scope for my buddy to use since that red light spooked those dogs.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Awesome Shane! Just Awesome.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have these along with HS 6
Bottle Liquid Font Automotive tire Gas

The unique and bullseye that I have are at least 40 years old
😱

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Will try to find more titegroup. I had about decided on that one when I use up what I have. The longshot gets used in the 45 acp and the 28 gauge.
I don’t have a clue what I used the Number 7 or the 296 for…..of course those 2 are nearly full !!!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Bruce, W231 is the same powder as HP38, made in the same plant and labeled for different marketers. The No. 7 would be okay/fine for 9mm also. The W296 is a magnum pistol powder meant for 357 Magnum or even 44 Magnum, and is very similar to H110. It is also great in the 22 Hornet. There are lots of loads on the powder manufacturers websites.

P.S. use the small powder bar if you are using the Dillon powder measure. The Unique and the Bullseye should be okay, if they have been stored properly. Open the can, and smell the powder. If it smells kinda sweet and organic solvent smell, and looks gray, it is probably okay. If the powder looks reddish incolor and has a really acrid, pungent smell, toss it, it is bad. Spread it thin/sprinkle it over some landscape plants for fertilizer, or spread it out thin on a piece of scrap sheetmetal and burn it. It will burn and flare up, but it will not explode. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I got probation. Only one who testified against me was the wifey. She said she wouldn’t be surprised about anything I did (or didn’t do). Tell her thank you for being concerned. Evidently she was the only one worried about me 😁

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Have a small bunch of brass to clean that my son picked up, how do you get the tarnish off of them, they must have laid out in the
dirt quite a while, all grey and nasty.?
Whenever I find stuff like that, I will soak it in a mixture of either hot water and vinegar or hot water with a little bit of citric acid. After they are clean, I will put in some baking soda to neutralize the acid and then tumble them after they are dry. In most cases it will come clean. If not, they go in the scrap bucket.
Cuisine Font Transparency Snack Event

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Whenever I find stuff like that, I will soak it in a mixture of either hot water and vinegar or hot water with a little bit of citric acid. After they are clean, I will put in some baking soda to neutralize the acid and then tumble them after they are dry. In most cases it will come clean. If not, they go in the scrap bucket. View attachment 28828
Thanks Carl, I'll give it a try!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts