Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to only 63°. It will be a cloudy day with a light wind and no rain in the forecast.

Yesterday Rusty and I got out hunting for the first time this week. We went to an area we hadn't been in a time due to clear cutting the state did last year. It was bad last year and even worse this year. They have cut all the trees down except for tall pines, I don't know what the heck they are trying to do but it is a terrible mess, impossible to hunt in. Anyhow there were spots where we could navigate and hunt and in one of the we almost had a disaster. I saw Rusty pointing, well half way pointing and as I moved toward him I saw a large porcupine. Luckily for me he listesns to me very well and I could call him away, scared me for a minute. We moved one grouse without a chance for a shot and we won't be going back there this year again. Today we are going to go and hunt two coverts to start with that I haven't hunted in five years and see how they are.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 67, cloudy and 77 with a possibility of thunderstorms.
I am heading out to the coffee shop this morning. If I were smart I would stay home and clean the garage. Yesterday was a beautiful day, but people got in the way and no range time.
Hopefully everyone will have a great Saturday,
Ken

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Morning boys. 63 here in the treestand. I almost rolled over and went back to sleep. Well, try to sleep. Been awake since about 230. Oh well. Guess I'll sit here and nap and swat skeeters. I spooked a few deer getting in. Not anticipating much else, but ya never know.

Just checked solunar tables. Peak AM movement was 2am-5am. No wonder I saw tons of deer in the dark getting here.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Early check in for me, up and at it, blasting off in a few to head to my daughters house, 6 hour drive. She is getting married Sunday, I told her this was the 2nd and last wedding I was going to, Lol. She has a great feller, and I beleive they will do well together. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Great morning folks,

A bit of fog or really thick humidity from all the rain with a somewhat warm 61° currently here near HalfwayUSA.

The ground around here is fully saturated & the creeks and drains are running high & fast. There won't be any mowing with the zero turn but I should be able to push around the edges some. I did run the weed eater yesterday in between down pours. Maybe by late afternoon Sunday I'll be able to finish the mowing.

Corey visited yesterday & picked up the rummage sales treasures we had acquired for him. Today is opening day of duck season & he's probably standing in the mud as I type this. :ROFLMAO:

I think I'm going to try to install a 1500w inverter in the new camper today. It should be pretty straight forward. My plan was to make it "portable" so I can move it to the bid doublewide also but I'm thinking I should crack a crowbar in my wallet & get a second inverter.

Deb & I did venture out in the rain for groceries & other stuff. It was only slightly surprised to see store shelves a bit thinly stocked. I think it shocked Deb a bit more as we bought 'extras' to make sure our pantry was well stocked. I once again have the foreboding feeling bad times are just around the corner.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 55 going to 77 with fog for now. Just weed wars around here, watch the Buckeyes as it is homecoming. Sam be careful around Cbus driving, Scot I hope your wrong but agree with you. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
It's 60 and camp here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Rained some yesterday in spots. The rest of the gang went to the
farm where the pigout is this weekend for soup last nite. Always get her
on Friday nite to get the meat fixed and in the ground for Saturday's pigout.
I didn't go, came in from work and was wore out and.figured I'd rest. Got my
crossbow fixed and may hunt this evening before I hit the pigout. Elijahs game
tonight has been canceled, 10 players on the other team has covid and that only
left them 11 players. Second time we've not got to play them this year. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all from a "breezy" south central Colo. Where it's a warm 49 and 15mph going to 40 today. Dirt will fly!!!
Doc appt. for toe went ok, got some meds to fight infection, hope they work.
Really didn't do any thing in the way of work yesterday, not sure what I'll get into today either, might clean off the balers, windy days help that.
Slept in so running really late, have a great and safe day. Prayers for those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Its 66 and cloudy in western Ky going to a warm 87 w/slight
chance of rain. I'll have to agree on thinly stocked shelves
on some items. Who knows if its real or conjured up by the
current administration paying people not to work. No armadillo
sightings last night. Of course that doesn't mean they are all gone.
Maybe I got a 00 in the tail of the one I think I missed, and he moved on.
Ya'll have a goodun. LDS

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good Morning from the ☁ E side of the Chesapeake . 68 now with a high of 73. Looks like it's going to 🌧 but it's been doing that all week.
Yesterday was very informative we took the Norris out in the Rappahannock river we had 3 ' swells with some chop .We we're able to see where the water was spraying from in rough water it would throw a spray . And we actually got a video of it running . Now we know where or we think we know where to place the location of the spray rails .
Not much planned for today Mrs did purchase a few Roses and plants yesterday. May go out later for a fresh fish sandwich . Everyone have a great day and stay safe out there.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
65 with sunshine coming in through the fog in the hollow, looking for low 80s by afternoon. Yesterday was partly a playday with a trip to Dry Branch to try an old barrel and break in a new one. I guess I need to make a permanent list of items I need for a range trip as I forgot my rear bag and the BAT firing pin removal tool. I shot, but the rear bag improvisation wasn't exactly adequate. The old barrel (.22 PPC - .100) shot very well, but the new barrel was inconsistent, probably due to forming brass and the bag problem. This morning I have a package to prep and a collection to make. This afternoon will be some brass work. Probably a mexican restaurant this evening, but Tarcila has a cold, sp I may be cooking instead.

G'day Y'all,

Rick
"let's go Brandon"

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 68º and partly cloudy here headed to 90.

Yesterday the Wife helped me do some much needed straightening up in the store room. I have friends that save containers for me that I use to store brass and cast bullets in. Yesterday I finished moving my brass to all the same type container and loaded up the old containers and all of the new stuff that I don't plan to use. About a truck load of stuff!

This morning I'll take all of the junk from the store room down to the county dumpster and try to get back in time to watch the Razorbacks play Mississippi. I hope they play better than they did last week!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Noon time greetings from Nancy Kentucky at a Farm and Equipment auction.
I brought my Checkbook but I don't have enough money to buy anything out here. Land is 60 acres and bidding is still going on but it is already in excess of $600,000 with 10% on top of that.

Farm Equipment is extremely good shape and I venture to say it will bring New Price at the dealer. Except for a 95 hp tractor which will bring MORE than dealer cost cause Dealer doesn't have one.
Skruske is maybe going to buy on Internet....move him to Kentucky.
Crazy prices.

Well. They got me. This Trailed mower is following me home. Drove Truck not the Geo.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Paid too much, but it is practically in New Condition being 10 yr old.
Fella only cut about 30 acres of hay a year and hasn't been used in 2 years.
A lot of Tools and Equipment, electric lift, lot of Guns and Cases of Ammo. Long list of Farm toys in good condition.
Whole thing brought around 1 Million Dollars.

I didn't see Brandon there but,

Let's Go Brandon...

Reactions: Grandad
1 - 15 of 15 Posts